Some great deals at Safeway this week, and this is the last week for the Living Well Feeling Great promotion! As always, I’ve written the coupon matchups assuming the Safeway store you shop at doubles coupons.
If you’re new to shopping at Safeway, be sure to read the lowdown on shopping at Safeway, including a list of stores in Colorado Springs that do or don’t double coupons. If you’ve got a question or deal I missed, please leave a comment!
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Pork Loin Rib Half Sliced 99 ¢/lb – All these different pork “chop” cuts confuse me, but I think this is a great deal. It’s normally around $4/lb, and we usually only get “assorted” pork chop cuts for this price.
- Rancher’s Reserve Boneless Beef Chuck Pot Roast $1.99/lb – My target price, and one I would buy several at. Love oven-roasted beef cooked to about medium, medium rare.
- Rancher’s Reserve Boneless Beef Top Sirloin Steak $2.99/lb
- Tilapia or Basa Swai Fillets $3.99/lb – Cheaper at Albertsons this week, but still a pretty good price.
- Safeway Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $1.69 (Sold frozen in 4 lb bag) – I much prefer fresh chicken breasts, and you can get them on sale for the same price, so I personally wouldn’t buy these.
- Gallon Milk $1.77 – Great price!
- Mangos 50 ¢– Cheaper at Albertsons this week, but still a good price.
- Red Seedless Grapes 98 ¢/lb – My target price; I won’t pay more.
- Broccoli Crowns $1/lb – My target price.
- Large Hass Avocados 99 ¢ – Typical sale price.
- Strawberries $2.50/lb – Not a good price, but I did want to take a sec to recommend you print out the coupon for $1 off 2 lb or 4 lb containers of strawberries from Safeway.com Hold it for a good sale on those size containers!
- Texas Sweet Onions 98 ¢/lb – Not a great price, but sometimes you gotta have onions! BTW, Marie emailed me and said that on Tuesday, the Safeway at Fountain and Murray had these onions for 25 ¢/lb, so there *might* be a better deal in store. Sounds like they may have gotten overstocked.
General Grocery and Household:
- Kellogg’s Raisin Bran 3 for $5 ($1.66 each) – Use your $1/1 or $1.50/1 OR the new $1/1 printables at Coupons.com to get them for 16-66 ¢ each!! Or, if you don’t have those coupons, use the $1.50/2 printable to get for 91 ¢ each. There may be other varieties included as well.
- Life Cereal 3 for $5 ($1.66 each) – I have a printable (doesn’t appear to be available anymore) for $1/2, which would make these $1.16 each. I wouldn’t buy them at this price.
- Snyder’s Pretzels $1 – There are $1/1 coupons out, but I don’t *think* the variety they are for is included in this sale. Please comment if they are!
- Rosarita Refried Beans $1 – I might buy a couple, but I definitely would wait to stock up until we have this price plus a coupon.
- Mission Caseras Flour Tortillas $1.25 each – Use $1/1 printable to get them for 25 ¢ each – awesome price!
- Tostitoes Tortilla Chips $1.99 – A great price, they don’t go much lower!
- Mission Tortilla Chips $1.88 – Use $1/1 printable to get them for 88 ¢ – awesome price!
- Pace Picante or Salsa $2.50 – Use 50 ¢/1 to get for $1.50. An OK price, pretty sure I’ve seen cheaper.
- Quaker Quakes Rice Snacks $1 – You can get these for free when there’s a coupon out, and I think they’re currently all expired, so I wouldn’t buy these now. They do count towards the Living Well promo, so maybe an OK deal if you’re doing that promo (66 ¢ after promo savings).
- Rice A Roni $1 – Typical sale price, you can use the $1/3 coupon from RedPlum.com to get the for 66 ¢ each. I won’t pay more than 50 ¢ for this.
- Buy 2 Coke 12-packs and get 2 12-packs and a Dasani 24 pack free – Basically buy two get three free, great deal!
- Dial Liquid Hand Soap $1 – Use 35 ¢/1 to get for 30 ¢ after doubling. Definitely would not pay more, this sale happens freqently.
- Close-Up Toothpaste $1 – I wouldn’t mention this, but the ad *pictures* a bonus package of toothpaste (like two tubes in one). If that’s really what’s on sale, it’s a good price if you absolutely have to have this brand of toothpaste. I’m guessing that it’s not a double pack that’s on sale for $1, though.
- Ziploc Value Pack Storage Bags $2.99 with in-ad coupon – Only a 50 ¢ savings, probably not a good price unless you have a manufacturer’s coupon.
- Scrubbing Bubbles Aerosol $1.79 with in-ad coupon – Use 75 ¢/1 to get for 79 ¢. (Is there a diff between aerosol and bathroom cleaner? The manfacturer’s coupon is for bathroom cleaner, but it pictures the exact same thing as the Safeway coupon.)
Living Well Feeling Great Promo: Buy $30 in Participating Products, Get a $10 Coupon (good on your next order) LAST WEEK!!!
Hereâ€™s how this promotion works. You need to purchase $30 of participating products, and youâ€™ll receive a catalina coupon at checkout for $10 off your next order. You can use that $10 coupon to go buy another $30 of participating products and earn another $10 coupon. Most products are marked in-store with special ads. You can download the full PDF of participating products from Hot Coupon World.
The sale price is what counts towards the $30. You can deduct manufacturerâ€™s coupons after the $30 purchase, but NOT Safeway store coupons (thatâ€™s what Iâ€™m hearing anyway). If youâ€™re confused, I still have a couple of spots left for the workshop on Saturday, and Iâ€™ll explain it more in depth!
I’m just copying and pasting some of this from previous week’s posts. Most of the prices should be the same, but a few may have changed.
- Capri Sun $1.99 – Use the $1 coupon from last Sundayâ€™s inserts and get it for 99 ¢, or 19 ¢ after promo. Use the 50 ¢ Safeway coupon for even more savings!
- Maruchan Instant Noodles $1.25 – Use 35 ¢/1 to get for 55 ¢ or 5 ¢ after promo.
- Finish/Electrasol Dishwasher Tabs $3.99 – Use $2.50 to get for $1.49, or MAKE 10 ¢ after promo!
- All Small and Mighty $4.49 – Use 45 ¢/1 to get for $3.59, or $1.79 after promo. (45 ¢ coupon from Coupons.com or $1 coupon from All website – you may have some higher value printable coupons that were previously available)
- Bertolli Sauces $2 – Use $1/1 or 75 ¢/1 to get for $1, or 20 ¢ after promo. (The catalina deal has ended.)
- No Yolks Noodles $1.25 – Use 75 ¢/1 to get for 25 ¢, or MAKE 25 ¢ after promo! (coupon from SmartSource.com)
- Skippy Peanut Butter $2.50 – Use 40 ¢/1 to get for $1.70, or 70 ¢ after promo (coupon from RedPlum.com)
- Lysol Wipes $2 – Use $1/2 to get two for $1.50 each, or 70 ¢ each after promo
- Sun Chips $3 – Use in-ad coupon for $1.99. Can also use this $1/2 printable coupon to get a further discount, though remember that the in-ad coupon is only going to count for one item.
- Barilla Plus Pasta $2 – $1.50 after promo savings.
- C&W Frozen Vegetables $2 – Use $1/2 printable to get for $1.50 each, or 70 ¢ after promo.
- Reynoldâ€™s 100% Recycled Aluminum Foil – Use the free after rebate form (available last week only) to get it free after rebate, so a money maker after the promotion savings! You could also use a $1 coupon.
- Kraft Velveeta Deluxe $2 – Use $1.50/2 printable to get for $1.25 each, or 57 ¢ after promo savings.
- California Pizza Kitchen $5.99 – Use $2/1 printable from Coupons.com to get for $3.99, or $1.95 after promo savings.
- Yoplait Yogurt – It was on sale for 50 ¢ last week, I don’t know the price for sure this week. Either way, in addition to it counting for the promo, you should also earn a catalina for $2 on your next order when you buy 20 or more. Combine it with some 40 ¢/6 coupons and it’s a good deal.
- Bright Green Toilet Bowl Cleaner $2.50 – Use $1/1 printable to get for $1.50, or 65 ¢ after promo.
- Huggies Diapers $19.99 – Use $1.50/1 to get for $18.49, or $11.69 after promo. A good price, though I’m not sure how many diapers are in the boxes they sell.
- Cottonelle 12-Packs – Not positive on the price, but when you buy two you should earn a catalina for $2 on your next order. Combine it with some 50 ¢ coupons and you’ve got a pretty good deal. You can usually get it for free if you’re not brand-loyal, but TP is not a good thing to run out of. :)
- Gatorade 8-packs 2 for $9.99 – Works out to about 41 ¢ per bottle after promo savings. Just an OK deal, we can get the larger bottles for around 50 ¢ or so.
- Arrowhead Water 6 packs (with the pop-top) $1.97 – When you buy two, youâ€™ll earn a $2 catalina for use on your next order. Iâ€™ve done this deal a couple of times and also got a catalina for $1/2 Arrowhead water, so super cheap.
There was a lot of stuff this week, so there’s got to be something I missed. Please leave a comment if you see something I didn’t mention. You can look at the complete ad online. Don’t forget, you can also load your card with e-coupons for Proctor and Gamble products if those are on your list. This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering.
Get Springs Bargains deals by email
Enter your email address:
You can also sign up for the on-demand update