It’s Friday — time for What To Make With What’s On Sale! This week, you can get Pace Picante Sauce or Salsa at King Soopers for as low as $0.99 when you buy two (after coupon), or at Safeway for as low as $1.49 when you buy two (after coupon).
I personally prefer to make my own salsa when eating it with tortilla chips, but I like using bottled salsa or picante sauce for cooking. There are lots of ways to incorporate salsa into your meal plan. Here are some ideas!
This Salsa Chicken recipe is super easy — just four ingredients! It could also be made with chicken thighs or bone-in chicken breasts.
Here’s a simple recipe for Blue Ribbon Chili that calls for a small jar of salsa. With 5 stars and 1600+ reviews, you can’t go wrong with this recipe!
This Chicken Tortilla Soup is a favorite at our house. Corn tortillas are cooked into the soup for extra flavor and substance.
Seven Layer Taco Dip is a tasty way to use salsa. This is a great dish to take to parties and potlucks — it’ll be gone before you know it!
These Mexican Flatbread Pizzas from The Pioneer Woman are similar to 7-layer taco dip, but they’re made with biscuits! These mini pizzas are popular with kids, and they can easily customize their own pizzas.
Here are a few more yummy ideas for using salsa:
- Add a spoonful or two of salsa to scrambled eggs
- Use salsa as a topping for baked potatoes
- Incorporate half a cup of salsa into your meatloaf mixture before baking
- Add some salsa to the crockpot with a beef or pork roast
- Mix salsa into cooked rice along with some garlic and cumin to make Spanish rice
- Stir a few spoonfuls into softened cream cheese and use as a filling for crepes
What are your favorite ways to use bottled salsa?
Visit the What To Make With What’s On Sale archives for more meal planning ideas!