This morning on our Facebook page, Melissa asked for meal ideas that don’t require heat. I’m with her – not even grilling sounds attractive at this point! (Although, who am I kidding – Jeremy is the one who grills in our family but he’s not going to want to do it until midnight.) And, as much as I would like it to, our trip to Freddy’s last night doesn’t really count as a no-heat meal.
What types of things do you fix when it’s hot outside? I know crockpots, sandwiches, and salads are always popular suggestions, but if you can share links or ideas for specific recipes, that would be awesome!
I wish I’d saw this coming and had a bunch of freezer meals ready, but that didn’t happen and it’s a little late to get started on that now. Though, it is a good time to clean out the refrigerator and freezer and enjoy that cool air…
Over on Denver Bargains, I’m writing posts for the Eat Well, Spend Less series with a group of other bloggers, and there were some great ideas for tips on cooking when it’s hot outside, or if you’re dealing with a super busy summer schedule. Here’s a list of ideas from the Eat Well, Spend Less bloggers:
- From Simple Bites: tips on grilling fruit, and a recipe for grilled fruit salad.
- From Life As Mom: how to eat well and spend less on a staycation.
- From Kitchen Stewardship: create a salad out of salad toppings, and a recipe for sprouted lentil salad.
- From Kingdom First Mom: easy and tasty summertime snacks, including some no-sugar options.
- From Food For My Family: eat well, spend less with an insane summer schedule.
- Tammy’s Recipes: tips for packing great picnic lunches.
- Me on Denver Bargains: tips for entertaining weekend/overnight guests.
Please share your easy, no/little-cook summer recipes by leaving a comment!
Get Springs Bargains deals by email
Enter your email address:
You can also sign up for the on-demand update