The library’s big homeschool event of the year is coming up next Monday, September 10th! They will have sessions on the resources the library offers, tours of the library, and activities for kids. Here’s the schedule of events and a description of the sessions:
Schedule of events:
9:00-9:15 – Check-in and Orientation in the Community Room
9:30-12:30 – Children’s Activities in the Arts and Crafts room*
9:30-10:15 – Session 1
10:30-11:15 – Session 2
11:30-12:15 – Session 3
12:15-12:30 – Q& A in the Community Room
Sessions to choose from:
1) Awesome Library Resources (like free on-line tutoring, free on-line language program, databases and much more)
2) Kids Resources – kid friendly databases, free online books & tutoring, and more
3) Teen Resources – college preparation study guides, free on-line tutoring through the library, databases and more
4) Navigating the new catalog – new things to save you time
5) Library Tours – just what is downstairs? what about upstairs?
*Note: any children under the age of 8 must have a responsible person (aged 12+) with them in the Arts and Crafts room.
The event is free and no registration is required. You can subscribe to PPLD’s Homeschool Hub newsletter to get updates on events like this.