There’s a variety of places that do a free or cheap craft or storytime event for kids every month – be sure to check out the following places for their events that are going on each month.
- Barnes & Noble: Free storytime and Lego Club, usually on Fridays and Saturdays.
Go here for the B&N children’s event schedule (Click on View Upcoming Events for each store)
- Chick-fil-A: Free kids club from 9-11 AM on Wednesdays at the N. Carefree location and on Thursdays at the N. Academy location.
Go here for more information on Chick-fil-A’s Kids Club
- Chick-fil-A: Free kids club on Tuesday nights at Chapel Hills Mall and Fountain locations. Registration required.
Go here for more details.
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum: Children’s story hour on the select Wednesdays and Saturdays each month; free but $2 suggested donation.
Call 385-5990 for more info or view their calendar online
- Focus on the Family Bookstore: Free storytime on the first and third Wednesdays at 10 AM.
Call 719-531-3464 for more information.
- Home Depot: Free workshops (includes project, apron, and pin) for kids on the first Saturday of the month. Some stores require online registration, some (Powers & Woodmen, and Pikes Peak & Academy) do not.
Go here for more information on Home Depot’s Kids Workshops. Also, be sure to check out the info on free birthday parties at Home Depot!
- Michael’s: Craft event for kids on Saturday mornings, costs $2.00.
Go here for the Michael’s Kids Club event schedule
And of course, the Pikes Peak Library District has dozens of events every month – you can view their calendar here.
If you know of other places that offer monthly events for kids that are free or very cheap, please do comment and let me know or email me here!
Get Springs Bargains deals by email
Enter your email address:
You can also sign up for the on-demand update