Here’s the official Family Dollar coupon policy, from their website:
Family Dollar accepts the following types of coupons:
- Family Dollar Coupons with scan-able bar code (with valid promotion code to be used if coupon won’t scan)
- Manufacturer Coupons with scan-able bar code (cents off; no hand written values, no photo copies)
- No Free merchandise Coupons(Except buy one get one free or other combinations that require a purchase)
- Manufacturers Buy-One-Get-One-Free coupons or other combinations of buy X and get Y
- Internet Coupons (both Manufacturer & Family Dollar) with scan-able bar code only.
- Soft drink bottle caps
- Family Dollar only accepts coupons for merchandise we sell (including the correct size) and only when presented at time of purchase.
- Family Dollar doesn’t accept coupons from other retailers.
- If a coupon states that it is good for any product, you may usethe coupon for any product even if it is not pictured, unless the coupon states otherwise.
- Coupons must have an expiration date and be presented within the valid dates.
- Family Dollar will not accept expired coupons.
- Multiple coupons may be used within one transaction.
- There is a limit of two coupons per item. You may use one Family Dollar coupon along with one Manufacturer’s coupon for the same item, as long as neither coupon states that it is not valid with other coupons.
- There is no cash back if face value of a coupon is greater thanthe purchase value of the item; in that case, Family Dollar will adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.
- Internet coupons must be legible and say “Family Dollar Coupon”or “Manufacturer Coupon”. There must be a valid remit address for the manufacturer coupon and a scan-able bar code. No internet coupons for “Free” goods will be accepted that do not require a purchase.
- Internet coupons must have a scan-able barcode or valid promotion code in order to be redeemed.
- If an internet coupon does not scan or if the Family Dollar promotion code entered is not valid, the coupon will not be accepted.
- A store manager can and should refuse to accept a coupon if it does not meet any or all of these requirements.