Whew! We’ve covered a lot of cheap and free things to do in Colorado Springs, and today we’ll wrap up the series with the “Best of the Rest” – the unofficial list of things to do, from taking a drive down a mountain road to watching the airplanes at the Academy.
- Watch Sky Sox fireworks after Friday night home games. No need to pay for a ticket if you just want to watch the fireworks, just find a safe place to park in the stadium area and watch for free!
- Watch college sports events for free.
- Get some culture by attending an art walk in Old Colorado City or Cottonwood Gallery.
- Attend storytime at Barnes and Noble, or participate in one of the library’s many programs.
- Take a walk around the Broadmoor. Park a block or so away from the hotel so you don’t have to pay for parking, and enjoy the shops inside the hotel, the lake behind the hotel, and all the beautiful old homes.
- Feed the ducks at Palmer Lake. Victory said they are always hungry, plus there’s a a nice playground.
- Go to Chuck E Cheese, skip the pizza, and play the games. Beth said the slide is free!
- Play disc golf at Cottonwood Creek Park.
- Beth says wiffleball and kickball are more fun when you play them on a “real” ball field, like the ones at Dublin Park and Fremont Park.
- Another great suggestion from Beth: “in the summer and spring, go to “thunderbird overlook” at the Air Force Academy (easily accessible via the main road from the south gate) and watch the airplanes, gliders, and parachuters. A good time is 8-9 AM in the summer.”
What are your favorite “unofficial” cheap things to do in Colorado Springs? I had a reader email and ask for suggestions on cheap date nights, so if you’ve got suggestions on that, please share them as well!
Check out the entire list of Cheap Things To Do In Colorado Springs – from hikes to parks to indoor fun to museums and more! Plus, you can also see almost all of these activities on the Cheap Things Map.
And of course, keep reading Springs Bargains for the latest on cheap things to do. If you’re not already receiving the free daily email, please sign up! It contains everything that’s posted here on the site and is a great way to keep up-to-date. Go here to sign up.