Well, last week I asked how many people actually shop at Albertsons, and was a little surprised to get eight comments from Albie’s devotees – if you figure 90% of blog readers never comment, I’m guessing there’s quite a few more of you out there! I definitely intend to keep doing Albertsons weekly ad reviews; I was just curious how many people shop there on a regular basis because it somewhat affects what things I’ll mention and what things I’ll skip over.
At some point soon I’ll write a post on how exactly I write these ad matchups and why I say something’s a good price at one store and not at another. It will be a very long, rambling post that I am positive you will stop reading halfway through, but I feel like I should do it anyway! Anyway, on to the deals…
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Ground Sirloin $1.98/lb (Family Pack) – I *think* sirloin is 90% lean; if so, this is a great deal and if it’s a high percentage of fat it’s still a good deal.
- Boneless New York Steak $4.98/lb (Family Pack) – If you can fit steak into your budget this week, this is a great price.
- Tilapia Fillets $2.88/lb – Lowest price I’ve seen on tilapia in awhile.
- Shrimp $2.99/lb (2 lb bag, limit 2 with in-ad coupon) – I might even buy some shrimp this week!
- Albertsons Ice Cream $1.88 (in-ad coupon, limit 2)
- Albertsons Butter 88 ¢ (8 oz) – This seems like an amazing price until you realize it’s for half a pound. Still, that’s $1.76/lb which is pretty good. Still cheaper at Safeway and King Soopers this week.
- Gallon Milk $1.68 – Best price in town, note that it’s limit 2 this week.
- Green Grapes 88 ¢/lb
- Mini Carrots (1 lb) 88 ¢
- Strawberries 99 ¢ (1 lb, limit 2 with in-ad coupon) – Best price in town this week!
- Green Onions 2/88 ¢
- Eggplant 88 ¢
- Zucchini or Grey Squash 88 ¢ – Should go cheaper in the summer.
General Grocery and Household:
- Believe it or not, I don’t see any good deals in the rest of the store – definitely nothing I’d stock up on, but if I missed something let me know!
This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.