I actually didn’t even step foot into King Soopers last week, which is amazing for me. They’re back with some nice deals this week, at least if you want butter granola bars, or lip balm.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Breast Tenders Buy One Get One Free – Works out to $2.25/lb. Not a good price to me, it’ll come around for much cheaper at Safeway or Albertsons.
- Challenge Butter $1.99 – Print the 50 ¢ coupons from the Coupons.com widget below and get it for 99 ¢ – STOCK UP! Edit: This is also generating a catalina for 55 ¢ off your next order.
- Old Orchard Frozen Juice Concentrate $1 – Buy 4 and use $1/4 printable coupon to get four for 75 ¢ each.
- Kroger Sour Cream, Dips or Cottage Cheese (16 oz) $1 – Buy what you need, this sale comes around frequently.
- Kraft Cheese 3/$5 (6-8 oz) – This is $3.33/lb, which is a decent price for Kraft cheese. I wouldn’t stock up too much, though, unless you have coupons or we hear about a catalina deal (*crossing fingers*).
They’re making a big fuss about “lower prices on produce”, but I’m not seeing anything much lower, maybe a few pennies. Definitely not as good as their sale prices!
- Yellow Onions 3 lb Bag $1.89 – This is 63 ¢/lb, a decent price. I’m buying them ’cause I need onions!
- Russet Potatoes 10 lb bag $3.99 – Another decent price, I’ll buy one bag.
- Strawberries $2.69/lb OR Organic Strawberries $2.50/lb – You tell me which is the better deal. I won’t pay more than $2 for strawberries, but if you have to have organic this is a pretty good price. (Conventionally grown strawberries are cheaper at both Safeway and Albertsons this week.)
- Organic Green Pears or Organic Braeburn Apples 99 ¢/lb – Good for organic.
General Grocery and Household:
- Quaker Cereal, True Delight Bars, or Omega-3 Bars $1.50 – Have to buy four to get this price. Use four $1 off True Delights bars, $1 off Omega-3 bars, or 50 ¢ off Captain Crunch to get for 50 ¢ each. Or, print two $1/2 Life cereal coupons from Coupons.com and get four boxes of Life for $1 each. (I would stock up on bars/cereal at 50 ¢ but NOT at $1.) Limit one reward per household. That slick packaging from the Quaker True Delights granola bars has been tempting me… Whew. Or, you can use this printable coupon: $1 off Maple and Brown Sugar.
- Blistex Lip Balm $1 – Use 25 ¢/1 to get for 50 ¢ each, or if the right varities are included, use 55 ¢/1 to get free! A great price either way.
- Huggies Diapers ??? – These aren’t in the ad this week, but they’re usually around $10. Use the $5 or $3 printable coupons that were available awhile back and combine with a $1.50 Shortcuts or $1 Cellfire e-coupon to get a great deal on diapers. You can also submit the Caregiver’s Marketplace rebate for an additional 75 ¢ savings on each package.
- Cottonelle Toilet Paper 99 ¢ – Bad news, friends… It appears they’ve clearanced this out at our King Soopers stores. If yours still has one, you’d better buy it while you can! Use the coupons from the newspaper insert or print one from Cottonelle.com I’m not sure it’s right to be sad about toilet paper, but I’m REALLY sad about them not carrying this anymore.
Please add your finds – especially unadvertised deals – in the comments! This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.