March is not only the month of Lenten, it’s also National Frozen Food month. (Yes, I’m serious.) King Soopers is joining in the fun this week with Frozen Food Mega Event: buy 10 participating items, get $5 off. I hope you have plenty of room in your freezer!
Frozen Food Mega Event (prices are AFTER the $5 discount for buying 10 items):
- Eggo Waffles $1.49 – No coupons out right now; I would NOT buy these unless coupons come out because if you can wait until there IS a coupon, they’ll be cheaper at regular price minus a coupon than with this sale without a coupon.
- Pillsbury Toaster Strudels or Scrambles $1.49 – Use a printable 35 ¢/1 from Coupons.com (link at the bottom of this post) or 35 ¢/1 from the newspaper insert to get for 79 ¢. You can add e-coupons from Cellfire for more savings.
- Breyer’s Ice Cream $2.49
- Gorton’s Fish Fillets or Tenders $2.49 – Use 55 ¢/1 from last week’s inserts to get for $1.49. You can also print a coupon for $1/3 from the Gorton’s website.
- Van de Kamp’s Seafood $2.99 – Use $1/2 to get for $2.49 each when you buy two.
- Totino’s Pizza Rolls $2.49 – Use 35 ¢/1 to get for $1.79. I’ve gotten these for free in the past, so this is not a good price to me… It’s been a long time since they were free, though.
- Freschetta Pizza $3.99 – Use 75 ¢/1 to get for $2.99 – great price for frozen pizza!
- Tyson Family Packs $4.49 – Use 55 ¢/1 home mailer coupon to get for $3.49. They were cheaper at Safeway’s 48-hour sale last week, but that sale has come and gone…
- Might be more items marked in the store and not featured in the ad! BTW, you can do this deal three times in one transaction
Meat and Dairy:
- 50% off Ground Meat – Includes 93% lean ground beef rolls, Jennie-O Ground TUrkey, Jennie-O Fresh Turkey Sausage, Laura’s Lean Beef, Great Range Ground Buffalo, and Ground Pork
- Gallon Milk $1.99 – A great price, but if you’re headed to Safeway anyway it’s a little cheaper there.
- Strawberries (1 lb) $1.97 – My rock-bottom price outside of a super duper sale during the summer.
- Red, Orange, Green, or Yellow Bell Peppers 97 ¢ each – Rock bottom except for green peppers; they should go lower.
- Whole Canteloupes 50 ¢/lb – I look for a lower price during the summer, but this is a nice winter price.
General Grocery and Household:
- Quaker Instant or Simple Harvest Oatmeal $1.50 – The $1.50 price is after a $1 discount for buying two – you MUST buy two to get this price. Use $1/1 Quaker High Fiber Oatmeal or 70 ¢/1 Any Quaker Instant Oatmeal coupons to get these for 50 ¢ if you have two coupons. This deal is limit one per household – at the very least, that means you can only do it once per transaction; I’m not sure if it will work with separate transactions.
- Hamburger Helper $1 – Load a 50 ¢/1 coupon to your card from Cellfire to get one for 50 ¢.
- Sara Lee Bread $2.50 – If you have a 55 ¢/1 coupon from their recent home mailer, you can get this for $1.50. Not a good price without a coupon, though.
- Vitamin Water 77 ¢
- Easter M&Ms $2 – Use $1/2 to get two for $1.50 each.
- Mentos Gum $1 – Use 55 ¢/1 from last Sunday’s inserts to get free gum! (Unadvertised sale.)
- Kroger Comforts for Baby diapers $5.99 – Use $3/1 home-mailed coupon or printable (gone now, I think) to get a package of diapers for $2.99!
- Kroger Comforts for Baby wipes $4.49 – Use $1/1 home-mailed coupon to get for $3.49, or $5/3 to get for $2.83. There would potentially be a better price per-per-wipe if you use it on a smaller package.
- Huggies Diapers – I’m not sure of the price on these; they’re usually around $9.99. If you haven’t yet, you can print $5 and $3 coupons for Huggies from Coupons.com (below) and combine with Cellfire or Shortcuts e-coupons to get some GREAT prices on diapers!
As always, I’m just mentioning the deals I think are a good price this week; be sure to scan your ad for things I might have missed. Thanks for the comments you guys have been leaving with deal tips!
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.