Wow, Safeway’s ad really shocked me this week – just a couple of meat and produce items and the rest was the continuation of the buy 10 save $5 sale. Fine by me, there’s some great deals! These are going to be repeats of last week plus a few extra ones I’ve discovered since then.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- 2 lb Strawberries $2.99 – $1.50/lb sounds good to me!
- Challenge Butter $2.50 – Use a 50 ¢/1 printable coupon from the Coupons.com widget below or on the sidebar and get it for $1.50. It’s cheaper at King Soopers this week, but this is a great price too.
- Hormel Natural Choice Deli Meat $2.50 – Use 55 ¢/1 to get for $1.50.
- Ballpark Franks $2 – Use $1/2 to get for $1.50. Should be able to get these cheaper in a month or two.
- Daisy Sour Cream $2
- Chill Out At Home promotion (buy $25 worth of participating products get $10 on your next order) is still going on through the 31st.
- Fresh Express Bagged Salad 75 ¢
General Grocery and Household:
- 2 Liter Dr. Pepper and Pepsi 75 ¢ – Coke is probably included too, but I forgot to check for sure. I’d stock up as far as you can (check the expiration date) if you drink a lot of pop!
- Gatorade 75 ¢ – Not the lowest I’ve seen, but another price to stock up for a few weeks.
- Fuze drinks 75 ¢ – Use 25 ¢/1 to get for 25 ¢ each.
- Halls Naturals Cough Drops 75 ¢ – Use 50 ¢/1 insert coupon, sign up at their website, or print from Smartsource.com for coupons to get these FREE. All Halls varieties were included. Stock up!
- DelMonte Fruit Naturals Cups 75 ¢ – Buy four and use $2/4 to get for 25 ¢ each. Stock up!
- Rice a Roni 75 ¢ each – Buy four and use $1/4 to get for 50 ¢ each. I’d stock up!
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce 75 ¢ – No coupons out and this will go on sale frequently during the summer. Buy if you need it.
- Heinz Ketchup $1.50 – This should go on sale for less during the summer, but we’re brand-loyal to this so I’m going to buy a few to last us the next month or two.
- Rosarita Refried Beans 75 ¢ – I prefer to pay about 50 ¢ or less for these.
- American Beauty Pasta 75 ¢ – Close to my target price, and we’re out of pasta.
- Hunts Traditional Pasta Sauce 75 ¢ – I’d buy enough for a month or two if you use this.
- Betty Crocker Cookie Mix $1.50 – Use 50 ¢/1 to get for 50 ¢. I only “buy” these when I can get them for free and donate to a food pantry.
- Bertolli Premium Pasta Sauces $1.50 – Check your store – there’s probably $1 coupons for this product right by it in a little red blinkie box! I’m stocking up at 50 ¢ each. I’m also hearing there may be a $2 catalina when you buy two, so that would a “moneymaker” if it does indeed do that!
- Bread $2.00 – The ad has Nature’s Pride brand pictured, but only Orowheat was marked in my store. I didn’t get one of my three $5 discounts and had to take care of it at customer service. I’m 99% sure it was the bread that caused the problem, for reasons to complicated to explain here. Either way, there’s $1 or 55 ¢ coupons for both brands! :) I’d probably buy the Nature’s Pride since that’s what’s pictured in the ad and Orowheat isn’t.
- Thomas Bagels $2.50 – Another buy-but-don’t-stock-up-price for me.
- Hormel Chili Master $2.50 – Use $1/1 to get for $1.50.
- Hefty Plates $1.50 – If you have a $1 off coupon, these would be 50 ¢ each. I don’t. :(
- Angel Soft toilet paper (4 rolls) 75 ¢ – Well, last week I said this was only an OK price, but now that King Soopers has discountinued the 4 packs of Cottonelle, this might be a pretty good deal if you like this brand.
- Duracell Batteries $2.50 – Use 50 ¢/1 to get for $1.50. Didn’t think this was that great of a deal at first, but they’re at least this much if not more at WalMart.
I’m planning stocking up on more pasta and pasta sauce this week – and those strawberries will probably be making it into my cart, too. Got any other Safeway tips for this week? As always, I’m assuming the Safeway store you shop at doubles. For a list of some that do and don’t, read the Safeway FAQ. This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.