Here’s the deals I found at Albertsons this week! A quick explanation for those that are new here: I’m only listing the deals I think are worth buying this week (or deals that you might *think* are good buys but are actually not). I try to explain my rationale as to why I will or won’t buy something at that price. If you see something in the ad that I didn’t mention, I either didn’t think it was a good deal or just didn’t see it! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I’ll be happy to answer it.
If you’re just really, totally, and completely lost, you might want to think about coming to the workshop on Saturday!
By the way, Albertson’s is not doubling coupons this week.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.88/lb – This is a great price; they won’t get much cheaper, but this is a pretty frequent sale price so I would just buy what you’ll use for the next month or so. Please do not pay more than $2/lb for chicken breasts or I’ll cry! :)
- Assorted Pork Chops (Family Pack) 97 ¢/lb – A good price, but again, this is a pretty regular sale price.
- Sanderson Farms Drumsticks, Thighs, or Leg Quarters 99 ¢/lb – I shoot to pay about 79 ¢/lb for this, but it’s an OK price.
- Boneless Pork Chops $1.99/lb with in-ad coupon – Eh, an OK price… Pretty sure this sale comes around quite often.
- Breyer’s Ice Cream $1.97 – About as low as it goes – stock up! (I am only responsible for telling you what’s a good price, not for keeping you accountable for how much ice cream you eat. ;)
- Albertsons Dozen Eggs $1 – A good price.
- Albertsons Sour Cream $1 – A good price, but not something to stock up on. This sale comes around all the time.
- Half Gallon Milk $1 – Good price, still lots cheaper than WalMart last time I checked. We’ve had great milk prices lately!
- Challenge Butter $2 – Not as good of a deal as King Soopers had last week since Albies isn’t doubling coupons this week, but it’s still a great price! Use a 50 ¢ coupon from the Coupons.com widget below and get it for $1.50. I’d stock up! (Also look out for boxes with peelies on them… And some boxes have coupons inside, too.)
- Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers $1 – No coupons out for these, so I wouldn’t buy them. I usually get them free with a coupon! Here’s hoping one comes out on Sunday.
- Old Orchard Juice $1 – Print a coupon for $1/4 at the Old Orchard website and get them for 75 ¢ each when you buy four. A great price; haven’t seen it cheaper for a very long time, so I’d stock up at this price.
- Russet Potatoes (5 lb) $1.49 with in-ad coupon (limit 2) – Great price!
- Canteloupe 10/$10 – This is a good price as long as it’s $1 each, not $1/lb. Based on the ad, it should be $1 each.
- Avocadoes 10/$10 – My target price.
- Red Leaf, Green Leaf, or Romaine Lettuce 99 ¢ – My target price.
- Radishes or Green Onions 2/$1 – Both good prices.
- Cilantro 3/$1 – A good price unless the bunches are really tiny!
General Grocery and Household:
- Albertsons Cereal and Granola Bars $1 – Just wanted to point out that I would not buy these… You can get name brands for cheaper, and if you’re coming to the workshop on Saturday I’ll be showing you just how to do that!
- Sara Lee Soft and Smooth Bread $1 – A pretty good price for this brand even without a coupon.
- Proctor and Gamble Promotion: Purchase $35 of P&G products and receive a $10 gift check by mail – This is less than a 30% savings, plus you have to mail it in, so I would skip this unless you’re really brand-loyal to Proctor and Gamble products.
- Nabisco Crackers 2/$3 with in-ad coupon – This is a store coupon, so you can combine it with a manufacter’s $1/2 coupon to get two boxes for $1 each. Great price!
- Suave Shampoo or Conditioner 2/$1 with in-ad coupon – This is a store coupon, so you can combine it with a manufacter’s $1/2 coupon to get it FREE!
If you’ve got a question or see something I missed, please leave a comment. This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering. Happy Albies shopping!
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.