I’m not seeing much to get excited about at Albertsons this week. They don’t appear to be doubling coupons this week; if you find out otherwise, please post a comment! You can view the entire weekly ad online.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Chicken Drumsticks, Thighs, Leg Quarters, or Whole Fryers 77 ¢/lb – A good price for all of these cuts (not quite as good as it will get for the whole fryers, but not bad overall)
- Boneless London Broil $1.87/lb – I *think* I’ve seen this on sale for as little as 99 ¢/lb, so I don’t think this is that great of a price.
- Country Style Pork Ribs Bone-in $1.49/lb – An *ok* price, but these go on sale for $1/lb quite frequently so I wouldn’t buy more than you need for the week. Boneless Country Style Ribs are on sale for $1.99/lb, but they frequently go on sale for $1.49.
- 8 Piece Fried Chicken $4.99 (limit 2)
- Half Gallon Milk 88 ¢
- C&W Frozen Vegetables $2 – These were cheaper at King Soopers last week, but I didn’t realize there was a coupon out until a day or two again. Anyway, you could print this $1/2 coupon and get them for $1.50; a pretty good price for this brand.
- Sweet Corn 4/$1 – This should go lower during the summer, but it’s still a pretty good price.
- Fresh Express Salad Blends $1.88 – Last time I was at Albies there were coupons for $2/2 next to the salad. If you can find some, buy two and get them for 88 ¢ each!
- Mangoes 88 ¢ each
- Braeburn Apples 88 ¢/lb
- Haas Avocadoes 88 ¢ each
- Green Onions 44 ¢ each
- Carrots (2 lb) 88 ¢/bag
General Grocery and Household:
- 7Up, RC, or A&W 12 packs 4/$9 When You Buy 4 – You guys are telling me that around $2 is a great price for 12 packs, so I guess $2.25 is a pretty good deal, too.
- Crystal Geyers Alpine Spring Water $2.99 (24 pack) – Nothing to get excited about, but a decent price.
- General Mills Cereal and Granola Bars $1.75 when you buy 4 – Not a good price for granola bars. *Maybe* a good price for cereal since it’s the larger boxes, but I doubt it. I won’t pay more than 75 ¢ for cereal, but that’s usually the smaller boxes, and I can usually get General Mills cereal for 50 ¢ or less. If you need cereal you could print the 55 ¢ or 75 ¢ coupons from Coupons.com and SmartSource.com and pay $1.00- $1.25 depending on what varieties are included, but remember that Albertsons isn’t doubling coupons this week so your coupons will be redeemed at face value.
- Barilla Pasta Sauce $2.50, Get Two Free Barilla Pastas when you buy 2 Sauces – We’re going to need to buy two sauces at $2.50, so $5. We should be able to use two 55 ¢ off Barilla sauce coupons and two 50 ¢ off Barilla pasta coupons for a total of $2.10 off, so we’ll pay $2.90 for two sauces and two pastas, or an average of 72 ¢ per item. A good price if you have those coupons!
- Starkist Tuna Pouches $1.33 each – Not a good price unless you have a coupon to bring it to around 75 ¢ or less, I would say.
- Baby Basics Diapers or Training Pants $4.99 (in-ad coupon, jumbo pack, limit 2) $4.99 – I don’t know about the quality of these diapers, but I’d probably try them at this price.
This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.