OK, I am loving this 88 ¢ sale – a lot of these are items that frequently go on sale for $1, but no less. Yay for King Soopers sales this week – I’m seeing some great buys. If you’re new to shopping at King Soopers and have questions, please read the King Soopers FAQ first. If you’ve still got questions after reading that, please feel free to post a comment!
By the way, something the FAQ doesn’t cover is that “35 ¢/1” = a coupon for 35 ¢ off of one product. The prices I’m saying are good deals are after coupons (if there is one). If you don’t have the coupon I mention, I would probably not buy the deals because the coupon is what makes it a good price.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Boneless Pork Sirloin Chops $1.88/lb
- Colorado Springs Milk $1.99/gallon – Cheaper at Albertsons, but still cheaper than WalMart
- Birdseye Frozen Vegetables 88 ¢ – Use 35 ¢/1 to get the SteamFresh for 18, or this printable coupon for $1/2 to get the regular variety for 58 ¢ each!!! Big thanks to Catherine for the printable link. Man, wish I had more coupons!
- Green Giant Frozen Boxed Vegetables 88 ¢ – A good price if you have a coupon (I have one from a home mailer for $1/3). These boxes are pretty tiny, so not quite as good of a deal as it may seem.
- Kroger Deluxe Ice Cream $1.99 – My target price for ice cream, though I usually wait for a name brand to go on sale for this price.
- Bertolli Dinners $4.98 – Use $1/1 to get them for $3.98. or buy the Oven Bakes and use this printable coupon for $2 off to get them for $3.98. Thanks to those of you who pointed that out!7
- Challenge Butter 88 ¢ (8 oz) – I am all over this deal. Use those 55 ¢ blinkies to get them for 33 ¢, OR if you stocked up on Challenge the last time it was on sale, you might have some 50 ¢ coupons that were inside the boxes. If so, we’ll be getting some FREE butter!
- Kroger Sour Cream or Dips 88 ¢ – Great price, they don’t usually go lower than $1.
- Kroger Cream Cheese 88 ¢ – Great price, it’s hard to get cream cheese below $1 this time of year.
- Kroger Cheese (8 oz) $1.50 – Same sale as last week, a good price, but not amazing. Hopefully you got in on the 99 ¢ weekend sale last week!
- English Cucumbers 88 ¢ each
- Red, Orange, and Yellow Bell Peppers 88 ¢ each
- Artichokes 88 ¢ each
- Braeburn Apples 88 ¢/lb
- Bosc Pears 88 ¢/lb
- Eggplant 88 ¢ (I assume this is per lb)
- Organic Avocadoes 88 ¢ each – GREAT price for organic especially!
- Organic Zucchini 88 ¢/lb – Good price for organic, non-organic should go cheaper
- Green Cabbage 50 ¢/lb
- Canteloupe 50 ¢/lb
- Strawberries (1 lb) $1.6? – Saw this advertised in-store as their new every day price!
General Grocery and Household:
- Fuze Beverages 88 ¢ – Use 25 ¢/1 to get for 38 ¢ each.
- Kellogg’s Cereal $2.18 – Use the $1.50 coupon to get them for 68 ¢. Can’t decide if I’ll take advantage of this deal or wait for a better one, but it’s a good price.
- Rice A Roni 88 ¢ – Use $1/3 from RedPlum.com and get it for 55 ¢ each. Is there an insert coupon out for this? I can’t find one, but I’m thinking there is. I try to pay 50 ¢ or less for these – within a nickel is close enough for me since my stockpile is low.
- Idahoan Instant Potatoes 88 ¢ – Use a 75 ¢/3 printable coupon from their website to get them for 55 ¢ each.
- Quaker Quakes 88 ¢ – Use $1/1 to get them free!
- Betty Crocker Instant Potatoes $1 – Use 50 ¢/1 to get them for 50 ¢
- Starkist Tuna Pouches $1.25 – I had a $1 coupon from a home mailer, so they were 25 ¢ for me. You could also use the B2G1 free coupon from the newspaper and get them for about 83 ¢ each. which is a decent, not great price.
- Muir Glen Organic Tomato Paste 99 ¢ – Use the $1 or 75 ¢ coupons to get them FREE!
- Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes $1.99 – Use $1/1 to get them for 99 ¢. Not as cheap as I’ve seen, but these are the big cans so I’d still say they’re a good price.
- Powerade or Arrowhead Water 88 ¢ – Not a bad price, but I’ve seen them both cheaper.
- Lawry’s Marinade 88 ¢ – Use $1/2 to get them for 38 ¢ each! Might go cheaper in the coming months, but this is still not a bad price.
- McCormick Grill Mates $1 – Use $1/1 to get it FREE, or use 25 ¢/1 to get them for 50 ¢ each.
- Kraft BBQ Sauce 88 ¢ – This is an OK price. Kraft doesn’t usually put out coupons for this so we probably won’t get much of a better deal. I would bet this sale will come around a lot during the summer, no need to stock up yet.
- Treetop Apple Juice Buy One Get One Free – This would be $3.79 for two, and then you could use a $1/2 coupon to make it $2.79, or $1.40 each. This is an *ok* deal, I’ve seen better.
- Treetop Apple Sauce Buy One Get One Free – $2.79 for two, and then you could use a $1/2 to bring it down to $1.79 or 90 ¢ each. I think this is a pretty good price!
- Sun Burst Laundry Detergent $1.99 – No idea if this is a good brand or not, but it’s a great price.
- Suave Shampoo, Conditioner or Lotion 88 ¢ – Use $1/2 to get shampoo or conditioner for 38 ¢ each, or $1.75/3 to get for 30 ¢ each.
- Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap 88 ¢ – Use 35 ¢/1 to get it for 18 ¢ each!
- Brut Deodorant $1 – Use the recent 55 ¢/1 to get it FREE!
I’m tired after writing all of that up! If you see anything I missed, or found an unadvertised deal, please post a comment and let everyone know! This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.