If you’re new here – hold on! I kind of just jump into these ad reviews and hope you’re able to follow along. Feel free to ask questions and I’ll answer them as best as I can. If you’re new to super-couponing, I’d love to have you attend the next workshop on May 2nd – the one this weekend is filled up!
As always, I’ve written the coupon matchups assuming the Safeway store you shop at doubles coupons. If you’re new to shopping at Safeway, be sure to read the lowdown on shopping at Safeway, including a list of stores in Colorado Springs that do or don’t double coupons.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- HOT DEAL! Tuesday Only! Signature Cafe Whole Roasted Chicken $5 – Use the $1 coupon from Safeway.com and get it for $4 – hope Safeway’s prepared for a run on chickens because I have a feeling none of us are going to feel like cooking on Tuesday!
- Safeway Whole Chicken 69 ¢ – This is about as low as it will go – I’d buy some for the freezer.
- Assorted Pork Chops $1.29/lb – A good, but pretty frequent sale price.
- 2 lb Bag Cooked Shrimp $3.99/lb with in-ad coupon – Not really that great of a price, IMO.
- 93% Lean Ground Beef $2.49/lb – A pretty good price for this percentage of ground beef. (Ground beef with higher fat percentages will go on sale for less.)
- Lucerne Butter (1 lb) 99 ¢ with in-ad coupon (limit one) – Great price!
- Lucerne Eggs (18 ct) $1.49 with in-ad coupon (limit one) – Good, not great price.
- 5 lb Box California Clementines $5.88 – A good price *if* you print the $1 coupon from Safeway.com – then they’re $4.88.
- Green Seedless Grapes 98 ¢/lb – A good price, I wouldn’t pay more than this.
- O Organics Salad $1.99 – A nice price for organic lettuce.
- Eating Right Baby Carrots (1 lb) 98 ¢ – Pretty regular sale price.
- 3 lb Bag Apples (Gala, Granny Smith, Fuji, Braeburn, Red Delicious) $1.99 each – About 66 ¢/lb, so a great price!
General Grocery and Household:
- Nabisco Oreo Cookies $1.99 with in-ad coupon (limit one)– A good price, but you probably don’t need me to tell you to buy Oreos.
- C&H Sugar (5 lb granulated) $1.89 – Use 30 ¢/1 coupon to get it for $1.29. Good price, we typically only see good sales on sugar around Easter and Christmas.
- Wesson Cooking Oil $2.49 – A good price even without a coupon. (You may have a coupon for this from a source other than than the newspaper or internet.)
- Quaker Life Cereal 99 ¢ with in-ad coupon (limit one) – Use this printable coupon for $1 off Maple and Brown Sugar Life cereal along with the in-ad store coupon to get some FREE cereal.
- Progresso Vegetable Classics Soup $1 – Use $1/2 coupon from the Coupons.com widget below and get two for 50 ¢ each.
- Halls cough drops are $1 – Use the 75 ¢ coupon from Smartsource.com and get them free (unadvertised).
- Betty Crocker instant potatoes $1 – Use the 40 ¢ coupon from Smartsource.com and get them for 20 ¢ (unadvertised).
- Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap $1 – Use 35 ¢/1 to get for 30 ¢ each after doubling. Great price!
- Big Sizes Big Savings promotion: Buy 2 for $9.99 each – It’s hard to tell exactly what’s included in this sale, but 99% of the time, when you’re shopping strategically with coupons, you’ll be able to get smaller packages for cheaper per oz or quantity.
- Garnier Fructis $2.49 with in-ad coupon – Use $1/1 coupon to get for $1.49. It’s been cheaper or even free at Walgreens lately, but this is a good price (after both the in-ad and manufacturer’s coupons) if you don’t shop at Walgreens.
- Duracell CopperTop Batteries $2 off with in-ad coupon – A decent price, but I’d wait to buy these until after Sunday – we might get a manufacturer’s coupon to go with this.
- Dixie Value Pack Plates $2.99 with in-ad coupon – Combine the in-ad coupon with a manufacturer’s 35 ¢/1 coupon to get for $2.29 each.
Buy 5 Save $5 Mix and Match Sale – Save $5 instantly at checkout when you buy 5 participating items:
- Tostitoes Tortilla Chips $1.99
- Tostitoes Salsa or Con Queso $1.99
- Ruffles Potato Chips $1.99
- Aquafina or Aquafina Splash $1.99
- Gatorade $3.99
- Pepsi (6 pack) $1.99
I know the Tostitoes are a pretty good price, but I’ll admit I’m not an expert on bottled soft drinks. Opinions, anyone? Please note that you HAVE to buy five of these products (you can mix and match) to get this price. There *may* be other participating products marked in store. The $5 discount for buying five should come off at checkout, so check your receipt to make sure it does.
Please feel free to ask a question or point out something I missed in the comments! This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.