Safeway’s pretty ho-hum this week. I was really hoping for some better sales. If you’re new, please read the lowdown on shopping at Safeway first! It will be updated soon with a few more stores that double coupons.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Tuesday Only! Signature Cafe Roasted Chicken $5 – Use $1 printable from Safeway.com and get it for $4! (Coupon requires $10 minimum purchase.)
- Rancher’s Reserve Beef Top Sirloin Steak $3.49 – I don’t know that this is that great of a deal, since it’s not even half-off (my rule of thumb for the price to beat).
- 93% Lean Ground Beef $2.49/lb – An OK price for super lean ground beef, but I stock up on 80% lean for a lot less.
- Safeway Brats or Italian Sausage $2.50 – A pretty good price, name brand will probably go cheaper with a coupon, but I’d buy one or two of these.
- Honeysuckle Whole White Turkey Breast 99 ¢/lb – Not a cut of meat I usually buy, but I think this is a good price.
- Red Bell Peppers 98 ¢ each – Cheaper at King Soopers this week, but still a good price.
- Red Seedless Grapes 88 ¢/lb – My target price.
- 8 lb Bag Navel Oranges $3.88 – Just under 50 ¢/lb, my target price
General Grocery and Household:
- 3 Pepsi 12-Packs and 2 Doritoes or Tostitoes Chips for $9.99 – A good price; I’ve seen chips for cheaper but not often.
- Kraft Mac and Cheese 49 ¢ Limit 4 – Great price.
- Rice a Roni or Pasta Roni 89 ¢ Limit 6 – Another good price when you use the $1/3 coupon from RedPlum.com to get them for 56 ¢ each.
And now on to Safeway’s new promotion: Living Well Feeling Great. You’ll need to spend $30 on participating products, and you’ll earn a coupon for $10 on your next order (will print at checkout). Most products should be specially tagged in-store. The $30 purchase is after all sale prices, but before manufacturer’s coupons, so you can potentially get your cost lower than $30 with coupons and earn the $10 reward. This promo runs for 3 weeks, so there’s not a huge rush.
Keep in mind that you’re basically saving 33% off on this one – not a huge percentage unless something’s already on sale for a good deal. Also, remember that you’ll be earning the $10 on your next order; it’s not an instant savings. You can use the $10 coupon to buy another $30 in participating products and earn yet another $10 coupon.
Now, the deals: actually, I’m not seeing a whole lot yet! You can view the entire list of participating products here, courtesy of Hot Coupon World. There are literally thousands of participating products, but only a handful are truly going to be good deals. Here’s a few that I see at this point:
- Mission Tortillas (Soft Taco Size) $2.50 – Use $1/1 printable to get for $1.50, or 65 ¢ after you count the promo savings.
- Bertolli Premium Sauces ??? – I’m hearing that these are generating a catalina for $2 on your next order when you buy 2, so if you have any $1 coupons, it’s probably a fantastic deal, especially in conjuction with the Living Well promo. Last time I was at Safeway, however, I didn’t even see a place for these on the shelf anymore, so your mileage may vary greatly. I don’t know the price for sure.
- Skippy Peanut Butter $2.50 – Use the recent 40 ¢/1 coupon (or the printable from RedPlum.com) to get it for $1.70, or 85 ¢ after the promo. A good price, but I’ve seen cheaper.
- All Landry Detergent $4.49 – Use the $1/1 printable to get it down to $3.49, or $1.96 when you figure the promo savings. Great price! You can also use the 40 ¢/1 printable in the coupons.com widget below, or the 45 ¢/1 insert coupon.
As always, I’ve written the coupon matchups assuming the Safeway store you shop at doubles coupons. Does anybody else see any great deals?
This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.