Here’s your Safeway deals for Easter week – stay tuned and I’ll give you the scoop on a new promotion coming up next week at Safeway! Also, remember that if you got a flyer from Safeway on Sunday, those coupons are still good through the 12th.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Safeway Shank Half Ham 97 ¢/lb Limit 2
- Safeway Rump Half Ham $1.27/lb Limit 2
- Safeway Spiral Sliced Ham $1.47 Limit 2
- Rancher’s Reserve Beef Ribeye Roast $4.97 – Enough talk about ribeye roasts! That sounds way better than ham, but it’s so much more expensive even if this is a good price.
- Safeway Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs $1.77/lb – Don’t pay more!
- TUESDAY ONLY! Signature Cafe Whole Roasted Chicken $5 – Use the $1 coupon from Safeway and get it for $4! Keep in mind the coupon requires a $10 minimum purchase.
- Safeway Select Ice Cream $2.50 – It is off-brand, but is also 1.75 qt versus 1.5 for the name brands. An OK deal, we’ll get Breyer’s cheaper with a coupon.
- Del Monte Pineapple BOGO Free – Same as everywhere else – not a great price, but it’s a decent deal if you have the $1 off printable coupon that was available awhile back.
- Strawberries $4.88 (4 lb) – $1.22/lb, great price!
- Fresh Express Salad Blends $2 – A pretty typical sale price, could be a great deal if your store has $1/1 or $2/2 coupons near the bagged salads as they often do.
- Gala, Fuji, Braeburn, Granny Smith, Red Delicious Apples (3 lb bag) $1.99
General Grocery and Household:
- Folger’s Coffee $5.48 – Use $1/2 coupon to get for $5.00 each. Cheaper at Albertsons this week.
- Lay’s Potato Chips $1.88
- 12 Pack Coca Cola, Pepsi, or 7 Up 3/$6.99 with in-ad coupon – Works out to $2.33 per pack. Pepsi’s cheaper at Albertsons, but from what you guys are saying this is probably a pretty good price.
- Nabisco Snack Crackers $1.69 – Use $1/2 coupon to get Wheat Thins or Triscuit for $1.19 each. [I am seriously missing the days when I could get Wheat things for 50 ¢ or less per box.]
- Orowheat Bread $2.50 – Use $1/1 to get it for $1.50.
- Huggies Diapers $9.99 – If you have any of the $5 or $3 printables that were available awhile back, hurry and use them before they expire! Remember to submit your receipts to The Caregivers Marketplace for another 75 ¢ savings per package.
- Dole Canned Pineapple $1 – Use 55 ¢/2 to get for 50 ¢ each.
- Vitamin Water $1 – Use $1 coupons from last Sunday’s insert to get FREE!
- Kellogg’s Frosted Mini Wheats $2.50 – You’re going to be tempted to use that $1.50 coupon from last Sunday to get cereal for $1… If you absolutely have to have it, go ahead, but you’ll be kicking yourself when you see you could have used that coupon in a week or two to get it free!
- Colgate Toothpaste $1.29 – If you’re just getting started and need toothpaste, use a 75 ¢/1 coupon to get it for 29 ¢. If you don’t need it, wait, because you’ll be able to get it free.
And if you did a really great job saving, you have my permission to stop by the in-store Starbucks and pick up their special: $3.95 for a muffin and a tall caffe latte! (According to ad, this is part of “breakfast at Starbucks” but there’s no hours listed in the ad as to when it’s valid.)
As always, I’ve written the coupon matchups assuming the Safeway store you shop at doubles coupons. If you’re new to shopping at Safeway, be sure to read the lowdown on shopping at Safeway, including a list of stores in Colorado Springs that do or don’t double coupons. This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.