First off, Albertsons is doubling and tripling coupons this week! Coupons 50 ¢ to 99 ¢ will be doubled up to $1 and 33 ¢ to 49 ¢ is tripled to $1. Coupons $1+ are redeemed at face value. Sometimes they quadruple 25 ¢ coupons, but there’s no mention of it in the ad so I don’t know for sure if they’re doing that.
Also, there’s a $10 off $100 purchase coupon in the Albertsons ad. It says very clearly that $100 purchase comes after manufacturer’s (and store) coupons. I cannot think of any way this would be a good deal, unless you’re buying a lot of Pepsi or Coke, or maybe a lot of meat. A LOT. :)
If you have a military ID, you can save 10% (no minimum purchase requirement) from May 20th to 25th.
I’ve only listed the best deals that I see, and there are many more items in the ad, so don’t forget to check the entire weekly ad online. All of the coupons I mention are from newspaper inserts, or printable coupon websites, unless otherwise stated, and the net price after coupons reflects doubling if applicable.
Here’s the deals!
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Pork Baby Back Ribs Buy 1 get 2 Free with in-ad coupon – This works out to $2.33/lb.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.88/lb – Great price, this one comes around frequently.
- Moran’s Big Patty Bags (5 lb) Buy One Get One Free – Works out to $1.29/lb, which is a good price unless they’re really fatty.
- BarS Jumbo Meat Franks (1 lb) 59 ¢ – Use $1/2 (insert or printable) to get for 9 ¢ each when you buy two!
- Johnsonville Sausage $3.99 – Use 55 ¢/1 to get for $2.99 – OK price if you need it.
- Blue Bunny Ice Cream $2.50 – Good price for this brand, though you can get Breyer’s cheaper.
- Blue Bunny Novelties $3.50 – You can buy select varieties this weekend and submit this rebate to get them FREE! Make sure you read the rebate terms carefully, the receipt must be dated certain days.
- Sweet Corn 4 for $1 (25 ¢ each) – Eh, I’m waiting for a better sale.
- Russet Potatoes 10 lbs for $2.99 – A good price, but we’ve seen 10 lbs for 99 ¢ at a couple of stores lately.
- Green Bell Peppers 88 ¢ – Decent price, I wouldn’t pay more!
- Nature’s Sweet Cherub Tomatoes $2.99 – Use 55 ¢/1 to get for $1.99, decent price for these.
General Grocery and Household:
- Pepsi 6 or 12 packs 5 for $12 ($2.40 each, must buy 5) – A good price, though we’ve seen it as low as $2 at this store.
- CocaCola 12 packs 4 for $8.88 ($2.22 each, must buy 4) – This is a great price for Coke, and if you have any of the $1/1 printables that were available from MyCokeRewards, it’s an awesome price – $1.22!
- Lays Potato Chips $1.88 – Great price! There’s a coupon for $1 off Baked Lays (if included in the sale) at SmartSource.com.
- Nabisco Snack Crackers $1.88 – Use $1/1 printables from Coupons.com and KraftFoods to get for 88 ¢ each.
- Gatorade 69 ¢ – Good price, this one comes around frequently so I would only buy enough to last a few weeks – it’s gone as low as 50 ¢ before.
- Kraft BBQ Sauce $1 – Use $1/1 printables from Coupons.com and KraftFoods or 75 ¢/1 insert coupons to get for FREE – the catalina deal that’s going on at King Soopers *may* also work here – anyone tried it?
- Kraft Salad Dressing $1.66 – Use $1.50/1 to get for 16 ¢, or $1/1 printables from Coupons.com and KraftFoods to get for 66 ¢. Cheaper at Safeway this week.
- Kraft Mayo or Miracle Whip 2 for $2 – The ad says that there is an in-store coupon, so unfortunately, you won’t be able to use any other coupons to bring the price down more (Albertsons doesn’t allow “stacking” store and manufacturer coupons). It’s cheaper elsewhere.
- Planters Peanuts 2 for $4 – Same as above, it requires the in-store coupon which means you can’t use any of those great printables! :( Still a decent price.
- Kraft Deluxe or Velveeta Dinners $2 – Use $1/1 from Coupons.com and KraftFoods to get for $1 – great price!
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce $1.50 – There don’t seem to be any coupons out for this, so I’d wait unless you have to have it this weekend.
- Capri Sun $2 – Use $1/1 to get selet varieties for $1 – I’ve gotten this free or much cheaper recently, so I wouldn’t rush out to buy this.
- Hefty Foam Plates or Bowls $1.50 – The coupon database says there is one out for $1/1, but I don’t seem to have one and I know I haven’t used it, so our area may not have gotten it.
I’d love to hear if you see anything I didn’t see, or if you have any questions – please leave a comment and I will answer questions there! This weekly ad review is part of BeCentsAble’s Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.