Tomorrow’s the big day – at 7:00 AM you’ll be able to start shopping at the new Sunflower Market at Academy and Dublin! The first 200 customers to make a purchase will receive a free bag of groceries, and they’ll be tempting you with samples and barbecue throughout the day.
Besides the great prices, one of the best things about Sunflower Market is that Wednesday is “double-ad day”, meaning that on Wednesdays you can shop and get both last week and the current week’s sale prices!! You can also view their ad online as soon as Tuesday morning, making it so much easier to plan for double-ad day.
I’ll do a weekly ad recap highlighting the best deals, just like I do with the other grocery stores in town. I’ve been spying on the sales at their other locations, and it looks like they have great prices on produce and meat, as well as deals on organics. I’m not as much of an expert in organic product prices, but I’ll start tracking certain items that are popular.
Here’s your deals for the week – they begin tomorrow, Wednesday and are good through the next Wednesday. I see us eating a lot of fresh produce in the future!
- Melons 3 for $1 – They’re not kidding you when they say silly prices – that’s 33 ¢ each, not per pound!
- Organic Strawberries (8 oz) $1.50 – Whoops, I originally thought this was the price for 1 lb, but a reader let me know that it’s $1.50 for 8 oz. Still a good price for organic, but I have definitely seen cheaper.
- On-the-vine Tomatoes 77 ¢/lb
- Sweet Red Cherries $1.99/lb
- Yellow and White Nectarines 77 ¢/lb
- Baby Carrots 88 ¢ (1 lb)
- Broccoli Crowns 88 ¢/lb
- Red, Yellow, or Orange Bell Peppers 88 ¢ each
- Red or Green Leaf Lettuce 88 ¢ each
- Hass Avocaodos 77 ¢ each
- Green Onions 50 ¢ – King Soopers everyday price, I believe
- Radishes 50 ¢
- Green Seedless Grapes $1.77/lb – NOT a good price.
- Apricots $1.77/lb
- Red Onions 77 ¢/lb
- Roma Tomatoes 77 ¢/lb
- Valencia Oranges 50 ¢/lb
- Grapefruit 33 ¢ each
- Organic Celery $1.50
- Organic Avocados $1.50
- Organic Tomatoes $1.50/lb
- Organic Red, Green, and Rainbow Swiss Chard $1.50
- Organic Bunched Beets or Carrots $1.50
- Organic Romaine Lettuce $1.50
- Organic Bing Cherries $4.99/lb
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Salmon Fillets $3.97/lb – Great price!
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast $1.47/lb – Awesome price, definitely would stock up!
- Top Sirloin Steak $3.99/lb – Typical sale price for stores in our area.
- Pork Baby Back Ribs $3.99/lb – Same as above, pretty typical price.
- Lamb Shoulder Chops $3.99/lb
- Colby Jack Cheese $1.99/lb – Anytime cheese goes to $2/lb or less, it’s a stock-up price for me!
General Grocery and Household:
- Hansen’s Natural Soda $2 (6 pack) – Use $1/1 coupon to get for $1!
All right, who’s planning on getting up early to try to snag a bag of free groceries? Let me know on Facebook!
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.