Here’s your King Sooper’s deals this week! I see a few good deals in general grocery and household, but not much in the way of hot sales like I was hoping for. Keep in mind that we’re just starting the summer barbecue season – most of the “picnic” type items will go on sale again and again this summer, and probably for better prices.
As always, make sure you check your ad online since I’ve only covered the things I think are good deals. Also, the store on Hartsel drive is having even MORE grand opening specials this week – check them out here (last 2 pages)! All of the coupons I quote are either from newspaper inserts or Coupons.com and KraftFoods.
Meat, Produce, and Dairy:
- Ribeye Steak, Bone-in $5.99/lb – About $1 more than I’d pay.
- Pork Baby Back Ribs $2.99/lb – A decent price, cheaper elsewhere.
- Bar-S Sausages and Hotdogs 99 ¢/lb – First off, note that these are 99 ¢ per pound, and several of the packages are more than one pound. It’s not nearly as good of a deal to use a $1/2 coupon (insert or printable) on a 3 lb package ($2.97) as it is to use it on a 1 lb package, so definitely go with the smaller package if you’re using a coupon. Additionally, if you’re buying meat franks, they are much cheaper at Albertsons this week – 59 ¢ each there, making them 9 ¢ after coupon at Albies and 49 ¢ at King Soopers. 49 ¢ would be a decent price for beef franks (which will not typically go as cheap). I am definitely waiting on better hotdog sales to stock up.
- Oscar Mayer Meat Weiners $1.50 – You can use $1/2 to get for $1 each. Decent price, again, would not stock up.
- Pork Spare Ribs $1.99/lb – A decent, not great price, I don’t think.
- Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage BOGO Free – Use 55 ¢/2 to get them for $1.85 each, a great price; I’d stock up!
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts $2.49/lb – A decent price for King Soopers, but you can get them for less than $2/lb at Safeway and Albies frequently ($1.88/lb at Albies this week) so I would never pay this price!
- Chicken Leg Quarters 66 ¢/lb – Great price
- Whole Chicken Fryer 78 ¢/lb – More than I’d pay, but if you need it, it’s an OK price.
- Eggs (1 dozen) 88 ¢ – A pretty good price, egg prices have *seemed* to be coming down recently. BTW, Becky let me know that at least yesterday, the store on Hartsel (Woodmen and Lexington) had them for 44 ¢! They may not be this price anymore, however, since the new sales cycle started today.
- Fleischmann’s or Parkay Margarine $1 – If you have the $1/2 coupon from All You magazine, Parkay would be 50 ¢ each.
- Turkey Hill Iced Tea $1 (half gallon) – Use $1/2 to get for 50 ¢ each, great price! I think we got this free last year, but the coupons they put out this year aren’t as good.
- Minute Maid Lemonade 99 ¢ – A good price, we should see this frequently this summer. Here’s hoping we get a coupon to make it go cheaper!
- Smart Balance Buttery Spreads $1.99 – This seems like a pretty good price, especially if you have a $1/1 coupon – I had some from a booklet I got from buying a different product. As far as I know there aren’t any other widely distributed coupons out right now.
- Kroger Cream Cheese 91 ¢ – A good price, though I definitely wouldn’t stock up on this. I’m hoping we get a sale on Philadelphia soon so we can use those great $1/2 coupons!
- King Soopers/Kroger Sour Cream or Dips $1 – Good, frequent sale price. No need to stock up, it will come around again soon (and occasionally it goes a little cheaper).
- Totino’s Pizza Rolls $1 – It’s been a really long time since we’ve seen this price. And for once, there don’t seem to be any coupons out! I personally wouldn’t buy these unless they’re free, so you’ll have to decide whether or not it’s a good price!
- DiGiorno or California Pizza Kitchen $5.49 – Depending on what varieties are included in this sale, there are coupons for $1 to $2 off. If you buy 3 DiGiorno or CPK, you’ll get $3 on your next order, or buy 4 get $5 on your next order.
- Dove, Snickers, or Mars Novelties $2.99 – A good price, though there are no coupons out.
- Dreyer’s Ice Cream $2.39 – Great price for Dreyer’s, it doesn’t often go lower.
- Cool Whip $1 – Use $1/2 to get for 50 ¢ each, good price.
- Green Giant Frozen Veggies $1 – Use this 50 ¢/1 printable to get for FREE! Thanks, Beth!
- Strawberries: 1 lb for $1.59, 2 lbs for $2.99, 4 lbs for $5.88 – Best deal is to buy four lbs for $5.88, which is $1.47/lb. Great price!
- Red or Golden Delicious Apples 99 ¢ – OK price.
- Mangos 99 ¢ – Good price, have seen them cheaper but not frequently.
- Lemons and Limes 25 ¢ each – Not really that great of a price unless they’re quite large. It takes a LOT of lemons to make fresh lemonade, so this adds up quick!
- Cherries $2.99/lb
- Sweet Corn 25 ¢ each – Like I said in the Albertsons review, I’ll wait for a better sale. I won’t tell if you buy some for your cookout, though. ;)
- Seedless Watermelon $3.99 – This is the price for a whole watermelon, so it all depends on how big they are as to how good of a deal it is.
General Grocery and Household:
- Weber Grill Creations Seasonings $1 – Use 50 ¢/1 to get them FREE!
- Pepsi or Coke 12 Packs $2.40 Each (must buy 5) – Good price for Coke, use the $1/1 printable that was previously available from MyCokeRewards to get for $1.40. Coke is still cheaper this week at Albertsons, though. OK price for Pepsi, we’ve seen it cheaper.
- Lay’s Potato Chips or Tostitoes $1.88 – Good price for Lay’s, we’ll see it frequently. There’s a coupon for $1 off Baked Lays (if included in the sale) at SmartSource.com. Great price for Tostitoes!
- Van Kamp’s Pork and Beans 60 ¢ each – A decent price, but I’d guess we’ll see this price, if not a better one, all summer long, so I wouldn’t stock up yet.
- King Soopers Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns 88 ¢ – Great price; if you’re lucky and got a 55 ¢/2 home mailed coupon from King Soopers they’re even cheaper!
- French’s Yellow Mustard $1.49 – We should be able to get free mustard yet this summer (usually do, anyway!), but if you need it now, you can use 50 ¢/1 to get for $1. These are slightly larger bottles than the ones we get free – but remember, FREE IS ALWAYS CHEAPER! :)
- Kraft Mayo or Miracle Whip $2.50 – Use $1/1 to get for $1.50; good price, but I would *probably* wait to stock up.
- Bush’s Baked Beans $1.66 – I wouldn’t stock up at this price, if nothing else, we should see if frequently this summer and it will very likely go cheaper.
- Best Foods or Hellman’s Mayo $2.50– Use 50 ¢/1 to get for $1.50. Another price that should come around frequently this summer, buy if it you need it.
- Mentos Gum $1 – Use 55 ¢/1 to get for FREE!
- Country Time Lemonade 99 ¢ – Use $1.50/2 from Coupons.com to get for 24 ¢ each!!
- Kool-Aid Drink Mix 99 ¢ – Use $1/2 printables to get for 50 ¢ each, a great price.
- Kraft Salad Dressing $1.66 – Use $1.50/1 to get for 16 ¢ or $1/1 to get for 66 ¢. I’m holding my coupons to see if I can get it for free before they expire. I like to live dangerously. :)
- Betty Crocker Brownie Mix $1 – There are no coupons for this (any coupons are for Supreme, see below), but it’s the cheapest we’ve seen recently, so if you need it, I might be a couple. I try not to pay more than 50 ¢ for brownies but we haven’t gotten a good sale for a long time.
- Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix $2 – You can use the printable coupon for 50 ¢/2 at BettyCrocker.com to get two for $1.50, but as I said above, that’s too much IMHO.
- Kraft Deluxe or Velveeta Mac and Cheese BOGO FREE – Lori says that when you buy two of these, you get a $1 catalina on your next order. Use a $1.50/2 coupon to get for 90 ¢ each.
- Colgate Plus Toothpaste or Toothbrushes $1 – Unfortunately, I don’t think there are any coupons out there for the Plus variety – all the ones I have are for Total. This sale usually runs for a couple of weeks, though, so we could get coupons before it ends.
- Carefree Liners $1 – Use this 50 ¢ printable coupon to get it FREE!
- Energizer Batteries $2 (AA or AAA 4-pack, C and E 2-pack, 9V 1-pack) – Use $1/1 to get them for $1, a great price!
- Dixie Tableware $2.50 – Use 50 ¢/1 to get for $1.50, great price, might go cheaper. There’s also a 35 ¢/1 coupon out.
- All Laundry Detergent $3.99 – Use 40 ¢/1 to get for $3.19. Buy it if you need it or are extremely brand-loyal, it should go cheaper and if not, this price will come around again. (We recently got it for around $2 at Safeway.)
- Wisk Laundry Detergent $3.99 – Use $1/2 to get two for $3.49 each. Same as above, buy it only if you need it or if you have to have this brand.
- Glade Air Fresheners 99 ¢ – I would probably wait to buy this until it hits 50 ¢ or less.
Huggies Promotion: buy $15 save $3 instantly at checkout
This is limit two per transaction, and if you were to get your total to right at $15, it would be a 20% savings in addition to sales and coupons. The goal is of course to get as close to either $15 or $30 possible, but they set up the prices so that’s almost impossible! The ad states that this is a promotion for “Huggies products” which may or may not include bath and body products. Let us know if you try any of the bath and body products with success!
You will absolutely want to load your card with the Huggies e-coupons available from Cellfire and Shortcuts. (Typically, only one will come off per transaction.) This promotion runs through 6/2, so you’ve got a couple of weeks to stock up.
- Huggies Diapers (jumbo pack) $8.99 – There are $1.50/1 insert coupons, $3/1 insert coupons and printables from Coupons.com and RedPlum.com for Pure and Naturals, home-mailed coupons of the same variety, and a $2/1 (?) printable coupon here. I believe the coupon that you get after taking this survey is the same as that one.
- Huggies Diapers (box) $19.99 – Many of the coupons listed above will apply; however, keep in mind that they’re going to go a lot farther on the smaller package than they will on the box, bringing your cost per diaper lower on the smaller packages (most likely).
- Huggies Baby Wipes Refills $8.99
- Huggies Baby Wipes (box) $? – I don’t know the price on this yet, but if you have those 75 ¢/1 wipes coupons, I’m guessing that, like with the diapers above, the coupons are going to make the box a cheaper price per wipe than the refill.
- I haven’t figured out a best deal scenario yet, but I have a feeling it’s going to involve the new Pure and Natural diapers (with the $3 off coupons). I don’t know for sure that those jumbo packs are $8.99, but if so, we’re going to get some great deals! I’ll update when I know the price of the Pure and Natural diapers as well as the individual tubs of wipes.
There you go! What are you buying at King Soopers this week? Leave a comment and let me know – don’t forget you can check “subscribe to comments” when you leave one so that you’re emailed when someone else posts a comment on this post. This weekly ad review is part of BeCentsAble’s Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.