Here’s your Safeway deals for this week! There’s a few good deals, but nothing too exciting – which is quite all right with me, those three weeks (or was it four?) of the Living Well promotion were quite exhausting, at least from the standpoint of trying to cover the best deals here on SpringsBargains.com!
A couple of Safeway notes: all of the store coupons in last Sunday’s and this Wednesday’s ad require a $20 minimum purchase. They used to typically require a $10 purchase, so I’m disappointed that they appear to be upping the purchase requirement. Also, I noticed today on the Safeway site that they now have their policy on internet coupons available online. Nothing surprising there (it’s pretty similar to King Soopers) but it’s worth reading over and maybe printing out to keep in your coupon binder just in case you ever have any trouble with a store accepting [legitimate!] printable coupons.
Make sure to read the Safeway FAQ to find out which Safeways in Colorado Springs double coupons – the prices after coupons below are written assuming your store does.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Rancher’s Reserve Beef Ribeye Steak (Bone-in) $4.99/lb – Great price!
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.88/lb – Great price, wouldn’t pay more; won’t go for much less.
- Oscar Mayer Basic Lunchables $1 – Good price, but like I said on the King Soopers post, seems like a lot to pay for 4 oz of food! :)
- Safeway Select Ice Cream $2.50 – I’d prefer to buy name-brand for this price, but this is a 1.75 qt container as opposed to all the other brands that are now 1.5 qt for the same price.
- Earn a $5 Reward Coupon When You Buy Any 4 – See the ad for the specific products, but it includes Haagen-Dazs, Dreyer’s, Nestle, Eskimo Pie, and The Skinny Cow. This would be $1.25 off each one, so it could be a good deal, but I don’t see anything in the ad that would be a good price. Anyone know the prices in-store?
- Strawberries $1.50 (1 lb) – A great price on its own, but you can also use the coupon for a free pound of strawberries from Safeway.com and get it for, well, FREE! (It’s around page 3.)
General Grocery and Household:
- Buy 5 Save $5 Juice Sale – This has been a good sale in the past, but there aren’t a lot of coupons to match up to it – yet. Capri Sun is $1.49 after promo, use $1/1 (select varieties) to get for 49 ¢. Use $1/1 to get V8 Fusion for $1.49 after promo and coupon, and if the right varieties are included, use 55 ¢/1 to get Ocean Spray for 99 ¢ (I have a feeling the varieties the coupon is for are not included, but who knows!).
- Gatorade or Propel 88 ¢ – Pretty frequent price, I wouldn’t stock up at this price but I would buy enough to last a week or two!
- Kraft Mayo $2.50 – Use the recent $1/1 and get it for $1.50. I’m holding my coupon for a better sale; I think it will go lower soon.
- 2 Liter Pepsi 75 ¢ Must Buy 6 or More! – A great deal when you buy Sierra Mist with the Buy One Get One Free coupons from Coupons.com! Around 37 ¢ each *if* you have three coupons.
- Mission Tortilla Chips $1.88 – Same as last week, use the $1/1 printable to get for 88 ¢.
- Chex Mix $2 – Use 50 ¢/1 to get for $1. We used to get Chex Mix for free at King Soopers so it’s hard for me to say this is a good deal, but it’s been quite a while since it’s been free.
- Lucerne Large Eggs (18 ct) $1.49 with in-ad coupon – Pretty good price, though we’ve been seeing egg prices go a little lower recently so it’s nothing to go crazy over – especially since it’s one per coupon and a $20 minimum purchase.
- Chinet Plates or Cups $2.50 with in-ad coupon – I feel like there should be a coupon out there, but I can’t find the one I thought I had. Definitely would not pay more than $1.50.
Make sure you glance over the rest of the ad online! This weekly ad review is part of The Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.