Here’s your Albie’s deals for the week!. They have a bunch of store coupons in the ad, and I hope that doesn’t become the norm. Normally store coupons aren’t a big deal, but I’m not a fan of stores doing a bunch of in-ad coupons instead of sales – especially Albertsons, because they do not allow you to use a store coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon. Not sure they really care what I think, though! :)
The one nice thing about the in-ad coupons this week is that on many of them they allow you to use them on more than one item, so you can, for instance, get four packages of Sargento cheese for the coupon price.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.88/lb – Good, frequent sale price – don’t pay more!
- Petite Sirloin Steaks $2.99/lb – Great price!
- Pork Country Style Ribs (Bone-In) $1.49/lb – Cheaper than Safeway this week, but they will go for 50 ¢ less per pound here so I wouldn’t stock up..
- Extra Large Raw Shrimp $3.99/lb with in-ad coupon – This is for 26/30 count, and it’s a pretty good price for that large of shrimp. Sold in a two-pound bag.
- Banquet Brown N Serve Breakfast Sausage 77 ¢ with in-ad coupon – Good price, we’ve seen it a *bit* cheaper but not often.
- Sargento Shredded Cheese $1.49 with in-ad coupon – Good price, wish we could use a manufacturer’s coupon to go with it, but oh well.
- Blue Bunny Ice Cream or Novelties $2 When You Buy 4 – This is an AWESOME price when you use the $1/1 printable. You’ll probably only be able to print two, so if you buy four your total will be $6 (limit 4 per transaction).
- Mangos 50 ¢ each – A great price, about as low as they go outside of Rancho Liborio’s sales.
- Red Bell Peppers 88 ¢ – Great price!
General Grocery and Household:
- Gatorade Sports Drink $1 (64 oz) – The size that normally goes on sale for $1 is 32 oz, so this would be the equivalent of 50 ¢ for that size. A great price, I’d stock up but the coupon is limit 2.
- Orowheat Bread 2 for $3 – Great price! You will likely need to buy two to get the price of $1.50 each, unlike a “normal” sale.
- General Mills Cereal, Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks, or Nature Valley Clusters $1.75 When You Buy 4 – Not really a good deal since Albie’s isn’t doubling coupons this week. I would not pay more than $1 for a box of cereal, and even less for fruit snacks and granola bars.
- Kellogg’s Cereal $1.75 When You Buy 4 – You can use those $1.50/1 coupons in last Sunday’s inserts to get them for 25 ¢, a great price! Or, if you just got the $1/1 coupons, 75 ¢ is still a great price. You can buy up to eight in multiples of four per transaction. I’m stocking up!
Time for me to make menus and then go grocery shopping! I’m thinking I’ll probably hit Safeway and Albertsons this week. We are in desparate need of cereal and brownie mix. :) View the entire ad online here.
Please add your finds – especially unadvertised deals – in the comments! This weekly ad review is part of BeCentsAble’s Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.