Not a big King Soopers ad this week, but there are definitely some sweet deals with their Daytona 500 promotion! As usual, I’ve just listed the items I think are good deals this week.
By the way, in my opinion, “good” prices on produce aren’t as firm as other non-perishable or freezable products. Yes, I’ve seen sweet corn for less than 25 ¢ each and it will hopefully go lower this summer, but if you need to eat fresh veggies, you need to eat fresh veggies – you can’t go without until they hit 10 for $1! :)
Anyway, so to me, that means I might buy zucchini this week for 99 ¢, even though I’d like to pay less, because we need a fresh veggie! However, I definitely won’t be paying $1.99/lb for chicken breasts because I know I can get it cheaper elsewhere at a different time.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Country Style Pork Ribs $1.49/lb – Again, good price at King Soopers, but they’ll go lower at Albertsons and Safeway (other stores, too).
- Jennie-O Ground Turkey or Turkey Sausage (14-20 oz) BOGO FREE
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or Tenders $1.99/lb – Good price for King Soopers; however, they go lower at other stores frequently.
- Bar-S Smoked Sausage Links 99 ¢– Use $1/2 printable or insert to get for 49 ¢ each.
- Gallon Milk $1.58 – Amazing prices on milk lately; this is their every day price right now.
- King Soopers or Kroger Yogurt 33 ¢ each – I’d wait until these go lower. You can sometimes get Yoplait for even cheaper than this!
- Cool Whip $1 – I think all the $1/2 coupons are expired, unfortunately. Buy it if you need it, but we should see this sale more this summer, and it might go lower.
- Challenge Butter $1.99 – I have a bunch of 50 ¢/1 coupons that came in the packages of Challenge butter that I bought around Easter. If you have any of those, it’s 99 ¢; a great price!
Click below to read the rest of the deals in produce, general grocery, and the Buy 10 Save $3 promotion!
- Green Seedless Grapes 97 ¢/lb
- Canteloupe 25 ¢/lb
- Large Mangos 50 ¢
- Sweet Yellow Vidalia Onions 50 ¢/lb
- Fresh Express Cole Sale or Garden Salad 99 ¢ – Good price, one that appears pretty frequently.
- Sweet Corn 25 ¢ each – Should go lower
- Yellow or Zucchini Squash 99 ¢/lb – Good price, will likely go lower.
- ORGANIC Red Delicious APples 99 ¢/lb – Good price, have seen lower at Sunflower Market
- ORGANIC Bunch Spinach 99 ¢ each
General Grocery and Household:
- Arrowhead Spring Water $3.47 – Here’s a coupon for $1/2, which makes the cost just under $3. An decent price, especially if you prefer name-brand or this brand in particular.
- Pepsi Soft Drinks 84 ¢ each when you buy 6 – A great price, we’ve seen it go lower, but not by much.
- Dawn Pure Essentials $1.99 (unadvertised)– Use $1.50/1 to get for 50 ¢; a great price! These are pretty big bottles. Thanks for the readers who tipped me off to this!
- Suave Deodorant $1 (unadvertised) – Use 75 ¢/1 to get it FREE!
Daytona 500 Promotion: Buy 10 Participating Items Get $3 Off
This is a discount of 30 ¢ per item, so remember, it might be a good deal for low-priced items, but a 30 ¢ discount on a $7 package of paper towels is hardly a discount at all. All prices listed below are after the discount.
- Banquet Meals or Brown N Serve 58 ¢ each – Great price, I would stock up!
- Kraft Barbecue Save 69 ¢ – Use 50 ¢/1 to get it FREE. You’ll actually make money on this because the coupon should double up to 99 ¢ (which is the price before the discount). Duh, stock up! :)
- Gatorade 70 ¢ – A good price, but one we see quite frequently. Buy enough for a few weeks but no need to blow your budget.
- Oscar Mayer Meat Weiners 99 ¢ – Use $1/2 to get for 59 ¢ each. We’ll likely see this price more this summer, but I’m still stocking up, I think.
- Fritos or Cheetos $1.38 – Great price, I’d stock up!
- Ragu Pasta Sauce $1.35 – Use 30 ¢/1 to get for 75 ¢, or if the right varieties are included, use a 60 ¢/1 to get for 35 ¢. I’m stocking up!
- Breyer’s Ice Cream $2.19 – Use 75 ¢/1 to get for $1.19, or $1/2 to get for $1.69. A great price if you didn’t get in on the Target Breyer’s deal last week.
- Purex Laundry Detergent $2.19 – A great price even before coupons, but a 35 ¢/1 would sweeten the deal to $1.49. I’m definitely stocking up.
What are you buying at King Soopers this week? Anything I missed or something you have a question about? This weekly ad review is part of BeCentsAble’s Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.