Some nice deals at Safeway this week! I’m planning on stocking up on some items from the mix-and-match sale. I spent about $25 on groceries last week and my pantry is empty, empty, empty!
If you’re new to shopping at Safeway, you might want to read the FAQ for a lot of information on shopping their deals, including a list of which local Safeway stores do and don’t double coupons.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Sanderson Farms Whole Chicken 69 ¢/lb – This is a stock-up price!
- Pork Shoulder Country Style Ribs $1.49/lb – About as low as Safeway gets, but they go for around $1/lb at Albertsons pretty regularly.
- Rancher’s Reserve Boneless Beef London Broil $1.99/lb – Good, pretty frequent price.
- 80% Lean Ground Beef $1.99/lb – A great price, but should go cheaper.
- Breyer’s Ice Cream $2.50 – Use $1/2 to get two for $2 each, a great price! It might go a little cheaper before the coupon expires but I can’t guarantee anything.
- Canteloupe 97 ¢ each – Not as cheap as we’ve seen, but still a good price if it’s decent sized.
- 2 lb Strawberries $2.97 –
- Yellow Peaches or Nectarines $1.49/lb – Not as low as they’ll go this summer.
- Red, Green, or Romaine Lettuce $1 each – They had this cheaper last week, and cheaper this week at Sunflower Market, but it’s still not a bad deal.
General Grocery and Household:
- Safeway Butter Top Breads 99 ¢ – Good, but frequent sale price.
- Two 12 Packs of CocaCola and 5 Powerade or Vitaminwater $7.99 – This is a pretty good deal, depending on how you look at it. The value of the Powerade and Vitaminwater is about $1 each, so if you figure those equal $5, that means the two 12 packs are $1.50 each, so that’s a great deal. If you have any of the $1/1 Coke printables that were available awhile back it’s even sweeter!
Buy 10 Items Save $5 Mix and Match Deal:
This has been going on for a couple of weeks now, and there are some great deals! You can buy as many multiples of 10 as you want and save $5 for each multiple of 10. It’s a good idea to check your receipt to make sure the discount came off. If it didn’t, check to make sure you bought the right number of items, and if so, go to customer service – it will probably take a few minutes, because they’ll want to verify that everything you bought was included in the promotion, but you should be able to get your $5 discount there if it didn’t come off on your receipt.
A lot of these are great stockup prices! There are a lot of items that are included in the sale that are not listed in the ad, for a complete list, view this PDF. (via A Full Cup) All prices listed below are *after* the promotional discount of $5 when you buy 10.
- Pepsi 2 Liters 75 ¢ – Stock up price!
- Kraft BBQ Sauce 75 ¢ – If you’ve got any $1/1 coupons left, this is a moneymaker! ($1.25 before promotion, then minus $1 coupon and 50 ¢ promotion = profit of 25 ¢)
- Gatorade or Propel 79 ¢ – A good price, but one that comes around pretty regularly.
- Barilla Pasta 89 ¢ – Not the price that I like to stock up at, but it seems that prices are creeping up and my rock-bottom price may be going up, so I’d buy enough to last a few weeks.
- Lay’s Potato Chips $1.99 – Good price, will probably go cheaper.
- Kraft Bagel-fuls $1.99 – Use $1/1 (Coupons.com or KraftFoods.com) to get for 99 ¢.
- Kraft Velveeta or Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese $1.49 – Use $1/1 to get for 49 ¢ each, I’d stock up!
- Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacon (2.1 oz) $2.50 – Just thought I’d point out that this is almost TWENTY DOLLARS a pound. I have a hard time recommending it as a good deal even if it is a good price for this brand! ;)
- Kellogg’s Pop Tarts $1.49 – Use 55 ¢/1 to get for 49 ¢ each, a great deal!
- Betty Crocker Traditional Brownie Mix 79 ¢ – My target price for brownies used to be 50 ¢, but it has been a looooong time since I’ve seen it that low and I’m out of brownie mix! I’m stocking up at this price, and still holding out hope that it will go cheaper around Christmas time.
- Duracell Coppertop Batteries $2.49 – Use 50 ¢/1 to get for $1.49, and I believe there’s also an e-coupon from P&Gesaver for even more savings!
- Lysol Wipes $1.99 – Use $1/1 to get them for 99 ¢.
- Lysol All Purpose Cleaners $2.49 – Use $1/2 to get for $2 each, not a price I’d stock up at.
Please add your finds – especially unadvertised deals – in the comments! This weekly ad review is part of BeCentsAble’s Grocery Gathering.
I’ve just listed the sales that I would consider good deals in this poist, so be sure to check out the entire ad online. Remember that you can use the following e-coupons at Safeway: Cellfire, Shortcuts, and P&G esaver. And, if you have trouble with Safeway not accepting any printable coupons, you might want to check out the policy on their website here.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.