Here are the highlights from Safeway this week. By the way, I’m in a serious search for a database program that will allow me to track prices better and give you more detailed info on what’s a good deal and why – my brain is seriously overrun with grocery prices! Hopefully I’ll be able to find the perfect (haha) program soon. For now, here’s what’s a good deal based on the trends and prices I’ve observed.
Remember that not all Safeways in Colorado Springs double coupons – for a list of which ones do and don’t, read the Safeway FAQ.
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Rancher’s Reserve Beef Ribeye Steak (Bone-in) $4.88/lb – Great price!
- Fresh Split Chicken Breasts (Bone-in) 99 ¢/lb – Good price, comes around pretty frequently.
- Fresh Sockeye Salmon Fillets $8.99/lb – Lowest price in town this week, a good price if you want wild salmon (not a good price if you’ll eat farm-raised).
- Whole Pork Tenderloin $2.99/lb – Good price, but comes around frequently.
- 80% Lean Ground Beef $1.99/lb – Good price if you need it; it will go cheaper.
- Lucerne Shredded or Chunk Cheese (32 oz) $4.99 – This is $2.50/lb; it will go cheaper, but it’s not a bad price if you need some!
- Broccoli Crowns 77 ¢/lb – Awesome price, the lowest we’ve seen in a long time!
- Green Seedless Grapes 98 ¢/lb – Great price!
- Raspberries (12 oz) $2.99 – The size that King Soopers puts on sale for $1 is 5.6 oz, so this would be equivalent of paying about $1.50 for the smaller package. A great price for Safeway, but you can beat it if you’ll wait for a good sale at King Soopers and Sunflower.
General Grocery and Household:
- Kingsford Charcoal $5.99 with in-ad coupon – Great price, keep in mind the coupon requires a $20 minimum purchase. The $5.99 for the charcoal does count toward the minimum.
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail Drink $1.88 – Depending on what varieties are included, there are 55 ¢/1 or $1/1 coupons out for select varieties, bringing the price down to 88 ¢. I would probably wait if you don’t have any coupons.
- 12-Pack 7Up Products Buy 2 Get 3 Free – Not sure of the regular price on these, but this is a 60% savings so it’s probably a good deal!
- Kraft Velveeta or Deluxe Mac and Cheese $1.89 – If you have any $1/1 coupons that are not expired, you can get them for 89 ¢. We’ve gotten them for cheaper before.
- Rosarita Refried Beans 99 ¢ – Frequent sale price, and cheaper at Albertson’s this week.
I’ve just listed the sales that I would consider good deals in this poist, so be sure to check out the entire ad online. Remember that you can use the following e-coupons at Safeway: Cellfire and P&G esaver. And, if you have trouble with Safeway not accepting any printable coupons, you might want to check out the policy on their website here.
Please add your finds – especially unadvertised deals – in the comments! This weekly ad review is part of BeCentsAble’s Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.