Can you believe I still haven’t been to the Sunflower Market yet? I know, I know, what kind of a bargain shopper am I?! I’m hoping to go this week. I’m hearing it’s still crowded, but that if you shop earlier (like around 8 or 9) or in the evening, it’s not so bad. I’m excited to check them out; I’m a little surprised at the attention it’s been getting, but they do have some great deals!
They definitely seem to have great prices on organic if you try to eat an organic diet, and of course they have great prices on non-organic, too. Just be careful you keep in mind that not everything is a good deal! For instance, they had 5 lbs of russet potatoes for $1.50 – you could get a 10 lb bag of russets for 99 ¢ at Rancho Liborio or a 10 lb bag at Safeway for $1.99, so that was definitely not a good price. Just a reminder to not get too caught up in the hype and think everything’s a good buy. :)
Double Ad Wednesday – these prices are good on Wednesday, June 10th ONLY:
- Yellow Peaches and Nectarines 57 ¢/lb
- Beefsteak Tomatoes 77 ¢/lb
- ORGANIC Strawberries 8 oz 99 ¢ – A good price for organic, just remember that these are 1/2 lb containers instead of a full pound like most stores.
- ORGANIC Canteloupe 99 ¢ each
- ORGANIC Cherries $3.99/lb
- Pineapples 77 ¢ each – A great price, but we got them for free at King Soopers with coupon last week!
- Honeydew Melons 99 ¢ each
- Champagne Mangos 50 ¢ each
- Cucumbers 50 ¢ each
- Green Bell Peppers 50 ¢ each
- Red or Golden Delicious, Granny Smith Apples 88 ¢/lb
- Cascade Fresh Natural Yogurt (6 oz) 39 ¢ – Good price if you have to have this brand, you can get other brands (including Yoplait and Mountain High) for cheaper or even free if you can be patient!
- Mild Yellow and Hot Pepperjack Cheese $1.99/lb – My target price!
- 85% Lean Ground Beef $1.57/lb
- Bone-in Chicken Breast 77 ¢/lb
And for the rest of the sales that are good Wednesday, June 10th through Wednesday, June 17:
- Asparagus $1.27/lb
- Strawberries (1 lb) 77 ¢
- Raspberries (6 oz) 77 ¢
- Black or Red Plums 99 ¢/lb
- Papaya 88 ¢/lb
- Jicama 88 ¢/lb
- Italian, Yellow, or Mexican Grey Squash 88 ¢/lb
- Yellow Onions 33 ¢/lb
- Green Onions, Radishes, Cilantro, and Parsley 50 ¢ – Good prices, but definitely not worth a special trip.
- Red or Green Leaf, Bibb, or Romaine Lettuce 77 ¢ – Cheaper at Safeway last week, but still a great price!
- Valencia Oranges 50 ¢/lb – My target price, wouldn’t pay more.
- ORGANIC Peaches or Nectarines $1.99/lb
- ORGANIC Mangos 99 ¢ each
- ORGANIC Red or Green Leaf or Romaine Lettuce $1.50
- Bone-in New York Strip Steak $3.97/lb
- Large Shrimp (41/50 ct) $2.97/lb
- Colby Jack Cheese $1.99/lb
- Van’s Waffles $1.50 – Sometimes there are coupons for these in organic coupon booklets, so you may have a coupon to combine with this sale for a great deal!
- Annie’s Mac and Cheese 89 ¢ each – Use the $1/2 printable coupon here to get them for 39 ¢ each, awesome price!
- Sunflower Market Fruit Preserves $1.50 – A good price, I’ve been watching for a sale on this for awhile.
By the way, I’m going to assume that you guys know that if I mention a price for organic price, it’s going to mean it’s a good price for organic, but not for conventional. If it’s organic and on sale for a better price than conventional usually goes for, I’ll definitely point it out!
Don’t forget that Sunflower gives you 10 ¢ per bag if you bring your own! That’s a big enough discount that it’s worth doing just for the discount. What other deals are you seeing at Sunflower Market this week? Don’t forget to look at the entire ad online to make sure I didn’t miss great buys!
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.