I am super excited about the mega savings event! These usually run for at least two, sometimes three weeks, so we have plenty of time to try to stock up. There are a few items that typically have coupons, but all the recent ones are expired, so on some of those items I’ll be waiting until at least this Sunday to see if we get coupons for those particular items.
My subscription to the Post has run out and I haven’t renewed yet, so I’ve been stopping by a gas station on Sundays to pick up a paper and usually a couple extra. Last Sunday, we were out of town and I didn’t get one, so I’m afraid I might be missing a few coupons. If you know of an insert coupon that I missed, please point it out!
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- 80% Lean Ground Beef $1.79/lb – Decent price, but I personally would rather buy ground beef at Safeway or Albies where they grind it in store.
- Blueberries 12 oz $2, 2 lb $4.88, or 5 lb $8.88 – Good prices, but the smaller packages are cheaper at Albertsons this week. The 5 lb box here is just barely more expensive than Albertsons’s price of 11 oz for $1, and keep in mind that Albies is limiting you to five 11 oz packages.
- Bunch Beets 99 ¢
- Green Cabbage 33 ¢/lb
- Canteloupe 33 ¢/lb – Sunflower has canteloupes for 50 ¢ each this week, so this is not really a good deal comparatively.
- Red Cherries $1.99/lb – Decent price, but cheaper elsewhere this week.
- ORGANIC Broccoli $1.50 – If these are decent sized bunches, it’s a good price for organic.
General Grocery and Household:
- Blue Label Bread 78 ¢ – Pretty regular sale price.
- King Soopers or Kroger Yogurt 33 ¢ – Same as above, not a stock-up price unless you eat a lot of yogurt.
- Thomas English Muffins $1.77 – Good price, they don’t go too much lower.
- General Mills Cereal $2.99 (24-25.25 oz) – These are pretty big boxes of cereal, about twice the size of what I’d normally buy, so you could use various printables that will double to $1 from Coupons.com and Smartsource.com to get for $1.99, which is about the equivalent of paying $1 per box for a smaller box. Decent price but definitely wouldn’t pay more.
- Huggies Diapers $8.99 – You could use the $1.50/1 from a recent home mailer, combine with a $1.50 Shortcuts OR $1 off Cellfire e-coupon to get for $5.99-6.49, and then submit the Caregiver’s Marketplace rebate for another 75 ¢ off.
Buy 10 Save $5 Mega Savings Event
This is pretty simple – just buy ten participating products and $5 will come off instantly at checkout! This is a savings of 50 ¢ per item, so make sure you take that into account… Fifty-cents off a $5 item is not nearly good as the same amount off a $2 item! All prices quoted below are reflecting the $5 discount.
By the way, promos like this at King Soopers are typically limit three per transaction, but I’m hearing from A Full Cup that it’s not limited at all, which would be sweet. If anyone can confirm that, please leave a comment! Also, be on the lookout for a complete list of participating products in-store!
- Amp Energy Drinks $1 – I am hearing that you’ll get a catalina for a $10 store gift card when you buy 10 Amp energy drinks – if so, they’re FREE! Keep in mind that as with all unadvertised catalina deals, I can’t guarantee this one will work here, and if it doesn’t, there’s not a lot you can do. Leave a comment if it’s worked for you!
- Vitaminwater 49 ¢ – Stock up!
- Quaker Quakes 49 ¢ – Don’t think there’s any coupons out, but still a good price.
- Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese 79 ¢ – Stock up!
- Coca Cola or 7Up two liters 79 ¢ – Stock up!
- Doritos or Tostitoes $1.99 – Not as low as I’ve seen them, but pretty close; I would stock up.
- Sunny D 79 ¢ – Pretty good price, and depending on what varieties are included, you could use 25 ¢/1 to get for 29 ¢ after coupon.
- Dreyer’s or Haagen Dazs Ice Cream $2.49 – Pretty regular sale price; no need to stock up.
- Healthy Choice or Marie Callendar’s Frozen Entrees $1.67 – Not something I buy, but I think this is a pretty good price.
- Arrowhead Water (3 liter) 49 ¢ – Good price; might wait to see if we get a coupon though.
- Quaker Chewy Granola Bars $1.49 – Use 75 ¢/2 to get for $1 each, might go cheaper, but still a good price.
- Daisy Sour Cream $1.49 (16 oz) – Good price for Daisy!
- Smart Balance Spread $1.49 – Good price; I don’t have any coupons for it but you might!
- Tombstone Pizza $2.49 – Good price; I’d stock up if you eat it regularly (not an *amazing* price, IMHO, though).
- Betty Crocker Family Size Brownie Mix 88 ¢ – Good price if you need it; I like to stock up at a lower price, but it seems anything lower than about 75 ¢ has been hard to come by lately.
- Kraft Cheese $1.49 – Good price; I’d wait to see if we get any coupons before stocking up though.
- Sargento Cheese $1.49 – If you have the50 ¢/1 from the KS mailer from awhile back, use it now to get it for 49 ¢!
- Chex Mix Snacks $1.49 – Use 50 ¢/2 to get it for 99 ¢. An OK price, but I wouldn’t stock up.
- Keebler Fudge Shoppe Cookies $1.49 – Use $1/1 printable to get for 49 ¢! There’s also a printable for $1/2 at Coupons.com to get for $1 each.
- Speed Stick Deodorant $1 – Add a Cellfire e-coupon for 50 ¢ off to get it for 50 ¢ (will only come off for the first one). We might get an insert coupon, though, so it might be worth waiting.
- Colgate Wisp Mini-Brush $1.50 – Print this coupon for 50 ¢/1 to get for 50 ¢!
- St. Joseph Chewable Aspirin $1.50 – Print this coupon for $1/1 to get for 50 ¢!
- Stayfree or Carefree $2 – Use $1/1 printable to get for $1!
- Kleenex (60-200 Ct) 99 ¢ – I can’t say for sure which coupons you can use until I see it in person – the wording on Kleenex coupons always confuses me! But, there is one for $1 off three at Coupons.com that could potentially be used.
- Brawny Paper Towels (6-8 roll) $5.49 – Use 50 ¢/1 to get for $4.49, or 56-75 ¢ per roll. Might go lower, but not much much.
- Softsoap Elements $1 – Use 35 ¢/1 to get for 30 ¢ each!
- Irish Sprish (3 ct bar) $1 – Good price, might wait for a coupon, though.
- Tylenol $2.50 -Use $1/1 to get for $1.50, good price.
- Advil $2.50 – Use $1/1 to get for $1.50, good price.
- Wrigley’s, Extra, or Eclipse Gum $1.50 – Use $1/1 to get for 50 ¢!
- St Ives Scrub $2 – Good price, but again, I’ll be holding out for a coupon.
- Kotex $2.50 – Use $1/1 to get for $1.50. Not a fantastic price, but haven’t seen a lot of sales on this lately.
I’ve just listed the sales that I would consider good deals in this poist, so be sure to check out the entire ad online. Remember that you can use the following e-coupons at King Soopers: Cellfire | P&G esaver | Shortcuts | Bringing Hope To The Table.
Please add your finds – especially unadvertised deals – in the comments! This weekly ad review is part of BeCentsAble’s Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.