If you’re 55+, today would be a good day to head to Albertsons – it’s Senior Discount Day, and they’ll give you 10% off of your purchase.
There’s some in-ad coupons for $5 off $50+ and $10 off $100+. It says “redeem after manufacturer’s and store coupon redemptions” – some of you have said they’ll take it off if your total is the minimum before manufacturer’s coupons, so it may just depend on your store’s policies or the cashier you happen to get!
Albertsons has a bunch of in-ad coupons again this week. The great thing about them is that they don’t require a minimum purchase like Safeway does. Some stores allow you to combine a manufacturer’s coupon with an in-ad coupon. I emailed corporate after a few of you told me they wouldn’t allow you to combine manufacturer’s and store coupons, and was told that the official policy is to not allow that, so be prepared to not be allowed to combine those coupons!
For the past couple of weekends, they’ve put an ad in the paper on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday indicating that they’re doubling coupons. I’ll keep you posted if they do it again. More information about shopping at Albertsons is available at the Albertsons FAQ. Here’s the deals!
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.57/lb – Stock up, this is lower than it usually goes!
- Bone-In Ribeye Steak $3.97/lb – Great price! A little cheaper at Rancho Liborio this week, but this meat might be better quality.
- Pork Spare Ribs $1.57/lb – Great price!
- London Broil $1.67/lb – Great price!
- Medium Raw Shrimp 61/70 ct $2.99/lb with in-ad coupon (limit 2) – Cheaper at Rancho Liborio on Thursday, and not that great of a price overall.
- Hormel Little Sizzlers 77¢ with in-ad coupon (limit 2)
- Armour Lunchmakers $1 – Decent price, we should start seeing these go on sale more in the next month.
- Honeysuckle White Turkey Franks $1
- Farmland Roll Sausage $1 – A good price, but I’ve gotten this for free before and concluded it was so fatty that it almost wasn’t worth it for free. Just my opinion. :)
- Blue Bunny Ice Cream or Novelties $2 when you buy 4 – Great price!
- Starbucks Ice Cream $1 – If you haven’t used your $1/1 coupons yet, you can get it free! This is only a 3.6 oz cup, but I’m pretty sure the coupon was good on any size.
- Albertsons Gallon Milk $1.58
- Albertsons Large Eggs 89¢
- Iceberg Lettuce 47¢ with in-ad coupon (limit 2) – Pretty frequent sale price or close to it.
- Fresh Express Premium Romaine or Green and Crisp Salads $1 (limit5)
- Strawberries (1 lb) $1 (limit 5) – Awesome price!
- Rocky Ford Canteloup $1 each (limit 5)
- Celery $1/lb -I’m thinking this is probably not a good price since Sunflower has it for 88¢ each this week.
- Red Bell Peppers $1 each – A decent price; the most I’ll pay.
General Grocery and Household:
- Albertsons Chunk Light Tuna in Water 47¢ with in-ad coupon (limit 2) – Great price!
- Nestle Single Candy Bars 27¢ with in-ad coupon (limit 4)
- Shasta 12 Pack $1.67 with in-ad coupon (limit 3)
- Aim or Pepsodent Toothpaste 47¢ with in-ad coupon (limit 2) – I prefer to get toothpaste for free, but those sales haven’t come around too often lately so I’d buy it at this price.
- Bush’s Beans 57¢ with in-ad coupon (limit 6)– This is a great price, and I’ll probably be buying more at 69¢.
- Smucker’s Uncrustables $1.47 with in-ad coupon (limit 2) – Good price, I think?
- Buyers Best Potato Rounds 67¢ with in-ad coupon (limit 2) – I have no clue what these are, but it seems like a good price for 32 oz of something!
- Hawaiian Punch $1.57 with in-ad coupon (limit 2)
- Hormel Compleats $1.97 with in-ad coupon (limit 4) – I don’t think this is that great of a price unless you’re able to combine a manufacturer’s coupon with it.
- Albertsons Apple Juice of Cider $1.37 with in-ad coupon (limit 2) – Not that great of a price unless you need it.
- Nabisco Snak Saks 97¢ when you buy 2 (limit one reward per transaction) – Good price, even better if you have a manufacturer’s coupon to go along with it, but I don’t believe we have any from recent coupon inserts.
- French’s Yellow Mustard Buy 1 Get 2 Specialty Mustards FREE with in-store coupon – This is most like a manufacturer’s coupon so assuming that, you definitely can’t add another coupon with it. Works out to 66¢ for each item, a pretty good price overall.
- Hormel Chili Master $1.97 with in-store coupon – Same as above, should be a manufacturer’s coupon in-store so you can’t combine another one with it. A pretty good price, I think.
- Kellogg’s, Keebler, or Sunshine Products $1 each AFTER mail-in rebate – These are actually on sale for $2 each when you buy ten, and then if you submit the Kellogg’s back-to-school rebate they’re $1 each. You could combine this with manufacturer’s coupons to bring the cost down to about 50 ¢ per item. You might think I’m crazy, but this is not quite a good enough deal for me yet. I’m holding out for a moneymaker on the Kellogg’s rebate!
- Fritos or Cheetos $1.67 – Good price, not *quite* at a stock-up price yet unless you eat a lot of these.
I’m writing this before I’ve had a chance to look at the Safeway and King Soopers ads, so make sure you compare prices across stores to find out who has the best overall deals! You can view the entire ad online here. This weekly ad review is part of BeCentsAble’s Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.