Here’s what’s going on at Safeway this week. Some nice in-ad coupons to use! Remember that at Safeway, you can combine in-ad/store coupons with manufacturer’s coupons. Their in-ad coupons require a $20 minimum purchase and almost all are limit one, meaning that if you have an in-ad coupon for Velveeta Shells and Cheese for 79 ¢ and you buy three, you’ll pay 79 ¢ for the first one and the next two will be at full (or “sale” price).
There are some great deals to be found by shopping at Safeway, but you need to be a smart shopper in order to know what’s a good deal and how to take advantage of it. If you think that shopping at stores like King Soopers and Safeway could never be cheaper than shopping Walmart, you need to come to a workshop! There’s one coming up in just a week and a half here in the Springs and one in Denver in September (early bird discount of $10 for the Denver workshop is still available)!
Meat, Dairy, and Frozen:
- Rancher’s Reserve London Broil $1.77/lb – Great price!
- Sanderson Farms Whole Chicken 77 ¢/lb – Decent price, but cheaper at Albies this week.
- Fresh Coho Salmon Fillets (wild caught) $7.99/lb – Pretty good price for wild caught.
- Lucerne Creamery Fresh or Safeway Select Ice Cream $2.50 – Good price, and these are 1.75 qt as opposed to almost every other brand – most are now 1.5 qt.
- Lucerne Gallon Milk $1.58 – Best price in town this week; King Soopers went back up to $1.99.
- Yoplait Multipack Yogurt (8 ct, 6 oz each) $3.99 with in-ad coupon – These would be 50 ¢ per cup which is not that great of a price.
- Rocky Ford Canteloupe $1.50 each – It’s 33 ¢/lb at King Soopers this week, so probably cheaper there unless these are huge.
- White Mushrooms (8 oz) 98 ¢ each
- Green Beans 98 ¢ each
General Grocery and Household:
- General Mills Cheerios or Nature Valley Granola Bars 4 for $6 with in-ad coupon ($1.50 each) – You can mix and match the Cheerios and granola bars. I believe that the Honey Nut Cheerios are not included, though if you find otherwise please leave a comment! (There are better coupons out for Honey Nut.) There are $1/2 cereal coupons available from Coupons.com, which would bring your cost down to $1 per box for cereal; and 50 ¢/1 insert coupons and 40 ¢/1 Coupons.com for granola bars, making them 70 ¢ or less per box (if you had four coupons). A good price for granola bars, and an OK price for cereal. Note: you may have some 55 ¢/1 Cheerios printable coupons that are no longer available. The cost after that coupon would be 50 ¢ per box, a great price!
- Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks 4 for $4 with in-ad coupon ($1 each) – There are coupons for 40 ¢/1 and 75 ¢/2 (including printables at Coupons.com) that would bring the price down to 20-50 ¢ each, a great price.
- Kraft Velveeta Shells and Cheese 79 ¢ with in-ad coupon – Use the coupon for buy-one-get-one-free and get two for 79 ¢, a great deal.
- Del Monte Fruit Cup $1.49 with in-ad coupon – The only manufacturer’s coupons available are for $1/3, and you can only buy one for $1.49 with the coupon. I’m not sure how good of a deal this is.
- Juice Deal: Buy 5 Save $5 Instantly at Checkout – This deal comes around fairly often. Unfortunately, I don’t think there are coupons out for many of the products that are pictured, though there might be more that are included. Here’s the only one I could find: Save $1 off V8 Fusion. The price for Ocean Spray Juice is good (99 ¢) – depending on what varieties are included, there are 55 ¢/1 coupons. Otherwise, I’m not too sure that the others are that good of deals.
- Welch’s Juice Cocktail $1.99 with in-ad coupon – This deal is different than the above promotion. You can use the $1/1 from Coupons.com to get it for 99 ¢, a great price!
- Gatorade All Stars (6 pack 12 oz) $1.99 with in-ad coupon – This is not a good price per ounce; however, if you want the smaller bottles rather than the big 32 oz bottles, this is a pretty good deal.
- All Detergent $3.49 with in-ad coupon – Use $1/1 to get it for $2.49, a good deal!
- Duracell Coppertop Batteries $2 off with in-ad coupon – These are $5.99, so take $2 off and another $1 from a manufacturer’s 50 ¢/1 coupon doubling, and you’ll pay $2.99 for an 8 ct package of AA or AAAs; a great deal.
I’ve just listed the items that I think are a good deal, so you may want to check out everything else that’s on sale as well. Don’t forget that you can use Cellfire, Shortcuts, and P&G esaver e-coupons at Safeway. Please add your finds – especially unadvertised deals – in the comments! This weekly ad review is part of BeCentsAble’s Grocery Gathering.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.