Wow, there’s some smokin’ hot deals on produce this week at Sunflower – like, more smoking hot than normal! I need to remember to bring my own bags when I shop at Sunflower. They give you 10 ¢ off per bag, and while I don’t mess with it for 5 ¢ per bag like King Soopers, Safeway, and Albies, 10 ¢ per bag is enough that I’ll bring my own.
Here’s your deals from last week that are still good on Wednesday, August 5th – Double Ad Wednesday:
- Yellow Peaches 39 ¢/lb â€“ Iâ€™m guessing you know this is a stock-up-and-freeze-tons type of price!
- Red, Green, or Black Seedless Grapes 77 ¢/lb
- Donut Peaches 88 ¢/lb
- Bartlett Pears 88 ¢/lb
- Yellow Onions 29 ¢/lb
- Celery 88 ¢
- Bunch Spinach 88 ¢
- Italian, Yellow, and Mexican Gray Squash 88 ¢/lb
- Cucumbers 50 ¢ â€“ Typical sale price
- Green Bell Peppers 50 ¢
- Asparagus $1.99/lb â€“ Will go cheaper, but this is my â€œbuyâ€ price.
- Seedless Watermelon 33 ¢/lb
- Hobeydew Melons 33 ¢/lb
- Mexican Papaya 88 ¢/lb – Often goes for less at Rancho Liborio.
- Jicama 88 ¢/lb – Often goes for less at Rancho Liborio.
- Red or Golden Delicious or Granny Smith Apples 88 ¢/lb – Sometimes cheaper at Rancho Liborio.
- Beefsteak Tomatoes 99 ¢/lb
- Green Beans 99 ¢/lb– Will go cheaper, but this is my â€œbuyâ€ price.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.77/lb â€“ Good price; frequently occurs here and elsewhere.
- Ground Bison $4.99/lb â€“ This never goes on sale. Itâ€™s obviously a lot more than ground beef, but itâ€™s probably a decent price for bison!
- Mild Yellow Cheddar Cheese $1.99/lb
- Thompson Seedless Raisins 99 ¢/lb– This is actually cheaper than Samâ€™s by quite a bit ($1.69/lb there).
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4.99 (33.8 oz) â€“ Great find, Jen! This is cheaper than Samâ€™s, too!
- Bulk Oats 59 ¢/lb – Thanks to Cheryl for this find! The large containers of oats are 48 oz, so that would be like paying $1.77 for one of those, which is a great price. I got a bunch of oatmeal for free last year and am just now coming to the end of that stash. Do I buy for 59 ¢/lb or wait for another free sale that may never come?!
And here’s the deals that are good this Wednesday through next Wednesday:
- Red, Green, and Black Seedless Grapes 59 ¢/lb
- Bartlett Pears 33 ¢/lb – I have never seen this low of a price on pears or grapes!
- Celery 88 ¢ each
- Broccoli Crowns 88 ¢/lb
- New Mexico Hatch Chiles 88 ¢/lb
- Green and Red Leaf Lettuce 88 ¢ each
- Red and Black Plums 99 ¢/lb
- Strawberries (1 lb) $2 – My buy-but-don’t-pay-more price.
- Hass Avocados 99 ¢ – Typical sale price.
- Roma Tomatoses 99 ¢/lb – Typical sale price.
- Braeburn Apples 99 ¢/lb – My buy-but-don’t-pay-more price.
- Tropical Kiwi 20 ¢ each
- ORGANIC Italian Squash 99 ¢/lb
- 85% Lean Ground Beef $1.88/lb – Great price, pretty close to a stock-up price. (Has been $1.59 at Safeway recently.)
- Chicken Leg Quarters 79 ¢/lb
- Pork Spareribs $1.99/lb – I’d wait for a better price.
Iâ€™ve just listed the highlights, so be sure to check out the entire ad before you go. Make sure you’re a smart shopping and know that not everything that’s on “sale” is a good deal – those carrots, cucumbers, and artichokes they have on sale for $1.50 go on sale for 50 ¢ or more less pretty frequently, so they’re not really a deal.
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.