Kathleen reported that Mission Caseras tortillas are on sale for $1.29 at King Soopers! That’s about as low as they go outside of a big one-day or weekend sale. You can sign up to print a coupon to save 55¢ off one package of Mission corn or flour tortillas, which, when doubled at King Soopers, would bring that price down to 29¢!
One of our favorite things to do with flour tortillas is make pizzas with them. It may sound a little weird – aren’t tortillas only for Mexican food?! – but it’s really a great tasting thin-crust pizza that’s super fun and easy for a weekday lunch. As you can see, my kiddos love to make and eat them!
Here’s how to make tortilla pizzas:
You will need…
Mission tortillas – I like to use their Caseras tortillas, but any size and flavor will work. Make sure to choose a size that will fit in whatever pan or griddle you plan to use
Pepperoni or other desired toppings
1. Preheat a skillet or electric griddle to medium heat.
2. Take a couple of tablespoons of pizza sauce and spread it on your first tortilla. Since these are super-thin “crusts”, you won’t want to use much sauce.
3. Add your desired toppings – pepperoni is a must in our house, but you could really put on anything you’d put on a pizza with a bread crust. The tortillas are thin, but sturdy, so these pizzas can hold several toppings and there’s no stretchy dough to work with.
4. Sprinkle with cheese – the more the better!
5. Spray your pan or griddle with a light coating of cooking spray. Place your tortilla pizza in, cover it with a lid, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
6. Cut into pieces and serve ’em up! This is about as fast of a hot lunch as you can make, and the pan barely even gets dirty!
Most of you know that next month I’m headed to the Blissdom blogging conference in Nashville – it’s an exciting opportunity for me to learn more about how to grow and develop Springs Bargains, and I’m looking forward to what I’m going to bring you because of it.
My trip would not be possible without Mission Foods – they are sponsoring my trip! I am so grateful for their investment into this blogging community, and know that they will see great returns on their investment. Check out MissionMenus.com for some great recipes!
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.