It’s Friday – time for What To Make With What’s On Sale! This week at Albertson’s, Pillsbury Brownie Classics mix is $1.00, and just $0.50 after coupon.
I like to keep a few brownie mixes in my pantry at all times — they make a great last-minute dessert! Brownie mixes are easily doctored to make them a bit more exciting, too. Here are 10 yummy and creative ways to use a brownie mix!
1. Fudgy Frosted Brownies: Prepare the mix as directed; immediately after removing the brownies from the oven, spread one or two cups of semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate chips over the top for a fudgy frosting.
2. Banana-Nut Brownies: For added flavor and nutrition, stir a mashed banana and half a cup of chopped walnuts or pecans into the brownie batter before baking.
3. German Chocolate Brownies: Top a pan of (baked) brownies with caramel sauce, then sprinkle with sweetened coconut flakes and chopped pecans.
4. Mocha Brownies: Stir one or two tablespoons of instant coffee granules (Starbucks VIA is great for this!) into the batter before baking. Or, try substituting brewed, cooled coffee for the water in the recipe.
5. Cherry Almond Mini-Brownies: Add one teaspoon of almond extract to the brownie batter. Portion the batter into mini muffin cups, then gently press a dried cherry into the center of each cup. Bake 10-12 minutes.
6. Peppermint Brownies: Chop up three or four large peppermint patties and stir them into the batter. Bake as directed.
7. S’more Brownies: Bake brownies in a 9 x 13″ pan as directed. Remove from the oven; sprinkle with 2/3 cup of chocolate chips and 1.5 cups of miniature marshmallows while still hot. Put the brownies back in the oven for a minute until the marshmallows and chocolate have started to soften. Take 6 full sheets of graham crackers and break them into quarters. While the brownies are still hot, gently press a layer a graham crackers on top of the marshmallows. Follow the lines of the graham crackers to cut into squares. (These are best eaten the same day, before the crackers become soft!)
8. Cheesecake Brownies: Prepare mix as directed; spread batter evenly into prepared pan. With an electric mixer, beat together 8 oz. softened cream cheese, 1 egg, and 1/4 c. sugar. Drop the cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls over the batter. Swirl together with a knife; bake as directed.
9. Peanut Butter Frosted Brownies: Bake brownies as directed. Cool in the pan. In a saucepan over low heat, melt one cup of peanut butter chips with 1/2 c. butter. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in a can of sweetened condensed milk. Spread over the cooled brownies; chill until set.
10. Brownie Trifle: Put together a super easy trifle with four ingredients: brownies, chocolate pudding, frozen whipped topping, and chocolate toffee bars. This dessert is often known as Death By Chocolate. It’s always a big hit at potlucks!
Do you have a brownie mix idea to add to this list? Please share in the comments!
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.