This morning on our Facebook page, Melissa asked for meal ideas that don’t require heat. I’m with her – not even grilling sounds attractive at this point! (Although, who am I kidding – Jeremy is the one who grills in our family but he’s not going to want to do it until midnight.) And, as much as I would like it to, our trip to Freddy’s last night doesn’t really count as a no-heat meal.
What types of things do you fix when it’s hot outside? I know crockpots, sandwiches, and salads are always popular suggestions, but if you can share links or ideas for specific recipes, that would be awesome!
I wish I’d saw this coming and had a bunch of freezer meals ready, but that didn’t happen and it’s a little late to get started on that now. Though, it is a good time to clean out the refrigerator and freezer and enjoy that cool air…
Over on Denver Bargains, I’m writing posts for the Eat Well, Spend Less series with a group of other bloggers, and there were some great ideas for tips on cooking when it’s hot outside, or if you’re dealing with a super busy summer schedule. Here’s a list of ideas from the Eat Well, Spend Less bloggers:
- From Simple Bites: tips on grilling fruit, and a recipe for grilled fruit salad.
- From Life As Mom: how to eat well and spend less on a staycation.
- From Kitchen Stewardship: create a salad out of salad toppings, and a recipe for sprouted lentil salad.
- From Kingdom First Mom: easy and tasty summertime snacks, including some no-sugar options.
- From Food For My Family: eat well, spend less with an insane summer schedule.
- Tammy’s Recipes: tips for packing great picnic lunches.
- Me on Denver Bargains: tips for entertaining weekend/overnight guests.
Please share your easy, no/little-cook summer recipes by leaving a comment!
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.