There’s a variety of places that do a free or cheap event for kids every month: from crafts to storytime to cooking classes, be sure to check out the following places for their events that are going on this month.
- Barnes & Noble: Free storytime and Lego Club, usually on Fridays and Saturdays.
Go here for the B&N children’s event schedule
- Chick-fil-A: Free kids club from 9-11 AM on Wednesdays at the N. Carefree location and on Thursdays at the N. Academy location.
Go here for more information on Chick-fil-A’s Kids Club
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum: Children’s story hour on the third Wednesday each month; $2 suggested donation.
Call 385-5990 for more info or view their calendar online
- Home Depot: Free workshops (includes project, apron, and pin) for kids on the first Saturday of the month. Some stores require online registration, some (Powers & Woodmen, and Pikes Peak & Academy) do not.
Go here for more information on Home Depot’s Kids Workshops. Also, be sure to check out the info on free birthday parties at Home Depot!
- Lowe’s: Free project clinics for kids on select Saturday mornings; advance registration required.
Go here for more information on Lowe’s Build & Grow workshops
- Michael’s: Craft event for kids on Saturday mornings, costs $2.00.
Go here for the Michael’s Kids Club event schedule
- Williams-Sonoma: Free “junior chef” classes for kids every Saturday morning.
Go here for the Williams-Sonoma Junior Chef Class schedule
- Whole Foods: Free classes for kids on the 3rd Saturday of the month, reservations required.
Go here and select a store for the Whole Foods class schedule
And of course, the Pikes Peak Library District has dozens of events every month – you can view their calendar here.
If you know of other places that offer monthly events for kids that are free or very cheap, please do comment and let me know or email me here!
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.