Frontier Airlines is having a Cyber Monday sale with one-way flights starting at $19 and no blackout dates! Granted, there aren’t many that are actually $15 but many are less than $60. Prices are slightly cheaper if you are a member of their discount club (which requires an annual fee). Check out all the details here.
Archives for November 2015
$2.79 for Meadow Gold (gallon) at Walgreens
Sale price; valid through December 5.
Just a reminder that since the Broncos won on Sunday, you can pick up a free donut at King Soopers today (November 30). It’s valid the day after any game that they win, and is limited to one per Sooper Card.
At PapaJohns.com, you can use code BRONCOS to get 50% off your regular-priced order (it won’t work if you have any specials in your cart). This is also valid today only.
And, since they scored three or more touchdowns, Arby’s is doing $1 roast beef sandwiches today.
(Jack in the Box offers tacos for $0.35 when they kick a field goal of 35 yards or more (limit six). However, that condition wasn’t met yesterday so that deal is not on today.)
There’s a variety of places that do a free or cheap event for kids every month: from crafts to storytime to cooking classes, be sure to check out the following places for their events that are going on each month. Note that with the holidays, some places may not have all the events they usually do.
- Barnes & Noble: Free storytime and Lego Club, usually on Fridays and Saturdays.
Go here for the B&N children’s event schedule
- Chick-fil-A: Free kids club from 9-11 AM on Wednesdays at the N. Carefree location and on Thursdays at the N. Academy location.
Go here for more information on Chick-fil-A’s Kids Club
Free kids club on Tuesday nights at Chapel Hills Mall and Fountain locations. Registration required.
Go here for more details.
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum: Children’s story hour on the third Wednesday each month; $2 suggested donation.
Call 385-5990 for more info or view their calendar online
- Focus on the Family Bookstore: Free storytime on the first and third Wednesdays at 10 AM.
Call 719-531-3464 for more information.
- Home Depot: Free workshops (includes project, apron, and pin) for kids on the first Saturday of the month. Some stores require online registration, some (Powers & Woodmen, and Pikes Peak & Academy) do not.
Go here for more information on Home Depot’s Kids Workshops. Also, be sure to check out the info on free birthday parties at Home Depot!
- Lowe’s: Free project clinics for kids on select Saturday mornings; advance registration required.
Go here for more information on Lowe’s Build & Grow workshops
- Michael’s: Craft event for kids on Saturday mornings, costs $2.00.
Go here for the Michael’s Kids Club event schedule
- Williams-Sonoma: Free “junior chef” classes for kids every Saturday morning.
Go here for the Williams-Sonoma Junior Chef Class schedule
- Whole Foods: Free classes for kids on the 3rd Saturday of the month, reservations required.
Go here and select a store for the Whole Foods class schedule
And of course, the Pikes Peak Library District has dozens of events every month – you can view their calendar here.
If you know of other places that offer monthly events for kids that are free or very cheap, please do comment and let me know or email me here!
The Focus on the Family Welcome Center will open up their doors for free movies on Saturdays in December! They’ll be serving popcorn and a family-friendly movie on the first three Saturdays in December – go here for the schedule and movie selection.
Just a heads up that normally-metered parking is free in downtown Colorado Springs on these Saturdays: November 28th, December 5th, December 12th, and December 19th.
I’m mostly taking the rest of this week off, but wanted to share this great deal from Garden of the Gods Club and Resort! This Friday through Monday, they’ll be offering 40% off their rates for stays from November 29th through March 31st (with blackout dates of December 23rd-26th and December 31st). I don’t know if the discount will be automatically applied or if there will be a coupon code – if it’s the latter, I’ll try to pop in and update this post with the code, or you might check on their Facebook page.
Enjoy Colorado’s museums, zoos, and events for free or at a discount every month! Here’s a list of the free and discount days for December 2015:
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center: free on December 18th (more inf0)
- Denver Art Museum: free on December 5th (more info)
- Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls, and Toys: suggested donation day on December 6th (more info)
- Money Museum (American Numismatic Association): free on December 18th (more info)
Events are subject to change without notice. Please contact the event venue to confirm details before planning a visit.