There’s a variety of places that do a free or cheap craft or storytime event for kids every month – be sure to check out the following places for their events that are going on each month.
Note that due to the holidays, some places may not hold to their normal schedule so it would be a good idea to call ahead to confirm dates and times.
- Barnes & Noble: Free storytime and Lego Club, usually on Fridays and Saturdays.
Go here for the B&N children’s event schedule (Click on View Upcoming Events for each store)
- Chick-fil-A: Free playdate with the Cow from 9-11 AM on Wednesdays at the N. Carefree location and on Thursdays at the N. Academy location.
Go here for more information on Chick-fil-A’s Kids Club
- Chick-fil-A: Free Family Night event on Tuesday nights at Chapel Hills Mall and Fountain locations. Registration required.
Go here for more details.
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum: Children’s story hour on the select Wednesdays and Saturdays each month; free but $2 suggested donation.
Call 385-5990 for more info or view their calendar online
- Home Depot: Free workshops (includes project, apron, and pin) for kids on the first Saturday of the month. Some stores require online registration, some (Powers & Woodmen, and Pikes Peak & Academy) do not.
Go here for more information on Home Depot’s Kids Workshops.
- Michael’s: Craft event for kids on Saturday mornings, costs $2.00.
Go here for the Michael’s Kids Club event schedule
- Old School Bakery at Ivywild: Free events for toddlers and preschoolers every Tuesday at 9:30 AM, plus deals on food and drink for moms. More info on their website.
- Pikes Peak Library District: Storytime and many more free events every month – you can view their calendar here.
If you know of other places that offer monthly events for kids that are free or very cheap, please do comment and let me know or email me here!
Don’t miss out! Get deals like this via email:
Welcome to Springs Bargains, a service of our real estate business, Circa Real Estate Group! I’m Carrie, and since 2008 I’ve been sharing free and discounted ways to eat, play, and enjoy life in Colorado Springs.