There’s a variety of places that do a free or cheap craft or storytime event for kids every month – be sure to check out the following places for their events that are going on each month.
- Barnes & Noble: Free storytime and Lego Club, usually on Fridays and Saturdays.
Go here for the B&N children’s event schedule (Click on View Upcoming Events for each store)
- Chick-fil-A: Free morning playdates with the cow or family night events – varies by location.
Check each location’s Facebook page for their latest offering.
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum: Children’s story hour on the select Wednesdays and Saturdays each month; free but $2 suggested donation.
Call 385-5990 for more info or view their calendar online
- Home Depot: Free workshops (includes project, apron, and pin) for kids on the first Saturday of the month. Some stores require online registration, some (Powers & Woodmen, and Pikes Peak & Academy) do not.
Go here for more information on Home Depot’s Kids Workshops.
- Michael’s: Craft event for kids on Saturday mornings, costs $2.00.
Go here for the Michael’s Kids Club event schedule
- Pikes Peak Library District: Storytime and many more free events every month – you can view their calendar here.
- Who Gives a Scrap: Free craft events for kids aged 5-12 on Saturdays. View upcoming craft sessions here.
If you know of other places that offer monthly events for kids that are free or very cheap, please do comment and let me know or email me here!