Single-patty cheeseburgers will be half-price this Wednesday, July 29th, at Sonic! It’s limited to five, and you must mention the offer when ordering.
There’s a variety of places that do a free or cheap event for kids every month: from crafts to storytime to cooking classes, be sure to check out the following places for their events that are going on each month.
- Barnes & Noble: Free storytime and Lego Club, usually on Fridays and Saturdays.
Go here for the B&N children’s event schedule
- Chick-fil-A: Free kids club from 9-11 AM on Wednesdays at the N. Carefree location and on Thursdays at the N. Academy location.
Go here for more information on Chick-fil-A’s Kids Club
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum: Children’s story hour on the third Wednesday each month; $2 suggested donation.
Call 385-5990 for more info or view their calendar online
- Focus on the Family Bookstore: Free storytime on the first and third Wednesdays at 10 AM.
Call 719-531-3464 for more information.
- Home Depot: Free workshops (includes project, apron, and pin) for kids on the first Saturday of the month. Some stores require online registration, some (Powers & Woodmen, and Pikes Peak & Academy) do not.
Go here for more information on Home Depot’s Kids Workshops. Also, be sure to check out the info on free birthday parties at Home Depot!
- Lowe’s: Free project clinics for kids on select Saturday mornings; advance registration required.
Go here for more information on Lowe’s Build & Grow workshops
- Michael’s: Craft event for kids on Saturday mornings, costs $2.00.
Go here for the Michael’s Kids Club event schedule
- Williams-Sonoma: Free “junior chef” classes for kids every Saturday morning.
Go here for the Williams-Sonoma Junior Chef Class schedule
- Whole Foods: Free classes for kids on the 3rd Saturday of the month, reservations required.
Go here and select a store for the Whole Foods class schedule
And of course, the Pikes Peak Library District has dozens of events every month – you can view their calendar here.
If you know of other places that offer monthly events for kids that are free or very cheap, please do comment and let me know or email me here!
Here’s a new coupon for 20% off one item priced at $4.99 or more at Mardel. It’s valid through this Saturday, August 1st.
Mountain Moppets is having their summer sale, with 50% off jewelry and accessories, 30% off on remaining summer clothing, and 50-75% off items in their summer sidewalk sale! The sale is going on while supplies last at their store at 2530B W. Colorado Ave. in Old Colorado City. Check out photos of some of the sale items on their Facebook page.
Just a reminder that History Colorado Center in Denver will have a free admission day on Saturday, August 1st, in celebration of the 139rd anniversary of Colorado’s statehood. They’ll have a lot of special events for this day; check out all the details and schedule here.
More Recent Posts
Kids eat free deals in Colorado Springs
A frequently-updated list of kids eat for free or at a big discount offers in Colorado Springs
Birthday freebies at your favorite restaurants (and more!)
Free meals, buy-one-get-one-free entrees, and more await you on your birthday!
Local Events & Entertainment
Retail & Thrift Store Sales
Weekly Grocery Deals
July 21, 2015 | 9 Comments
Albertsons Weekly Deals (7/22-7/29): Blue Bunny Ice Cream $1.99 + Great Deals on Roast, Ribs, Pork Chops
July 21, 2015 | 1 Comment
July 21, 2015 | Leave a Comment
The grocery store sales in Colorado Springs run Wednesday-Tuesday. (At Sprouts, ad cycles run Wednesday-Wednesday.) We generally publish the weekly grocery deals and coupon matchups for Albertsons and King Soopers on Tuesday mornings. Sprouts' and Safeway's weekly deals and coupon matchups are published on Wednesday morning.
Ask A Realtor
We are getting our house ready to put up for sale in the next couple of months. I let the lawn go and now it looks like I probably need to re-sod the whole yard. Do I need to do it before I sell?